Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fashion Sense?

I am not a fashion guru, and I have never played one on T.V. I am sure that there is a thing or 2 I need to learn about fashion but I do know there are some things that are just wrong.

What my fashion sense tells me:
  • If you weigh over 200 lbs. you are NOT a size 6, stop trying to pretend you are.
  • Unless you have 6 pack abs, shirts that expose your midriff are a definite fashion DON'T.
  • Try to age gracefully, dress your age.
  • Low rise jeans are great but butt cracks are exclusively for plumbers.
  • Pick a season and go with it, you really don't need to wear boots with your bathing suit.
  • Trying matching colors or go monochromatic. Some of you really should fear color.
  • Not everyone should wear thongs.
  • There is a thin line (perhaps even a thick line) between sexy and slutty. A lot of women don't seem to know that or maybe they don't care.
  • Super long nails are just plain ugly and scary.
  • Cracked heels and dry feet, should be hidden at all times.
  • There is a difference between being a free spirit and a fashion disaster.
  • Not all fashion trends are meant to be worn by all people.
Please feel free to add your own "Fashion Don't".

11 comments:

Em said...

Wow...boots with a bathing suit? Now that is just wrong! In fact, you are right on target here...ALL of these would be things that are just wrong.

Anonymous said...

I had to learn the boots and swim suit lesson the HARD way. Thanks for saving other souls, Es L.

Susan said...

Just because the fashion industry gives it a name, a "muffin" is not attractive.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed you left out spandex pants for the over 200 pound club. The malls are full of them.

EsLocura said...

em, I can always count on you to back me up.

uno, dos, tres, it's a thankless job but someone has to do it.

franki, eeewwwww

susan, eeeewwww again.

billy, I can't believe I left those out.

Susan said...

Did you mention speedos? Let me go back and check..

jali said...

Good list.

I'm sending over to Steph - she's one of my all time favorites. Pick any post on the page - it'll be worth it! http://muchadoaboutsumthin.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

Bohemia6 said...

Socks and sandals, a definite DONT

Anonymous said...

Open-toed shoes and no pedicure...not a good combo.

Amadeo said...

I am Amadeo and I approve this message.

Additionally - anything that puts people in the mind of pajamas should not be worn like clothing.

Anonymous said...

I'm guess I'm going the be the sole dissenter, but I disagree with about half of your "rules/suggestions"
-I have cracked heels and I do wear sandals. If you don't like, don't look at my feet.
-If you feel comfortable wearing thongs, go ahead.
-If you like your clothing tight, do so even if you are fat. Same thing with the tummy showing.
-Wear loud colors in you feel like it.
-Now, don't fool yourself. Don't be surpised or get offended when other people think you look ridiculous or laugh at you, but if you like it and you feel sexy, go for it. It is up to them not to look if they don't like what they see, not up to you to hide.
-But most of all, refuse to age graciously!

But I guess I do agree that
-superlong nail ARE scary, but probably the worse part is that they make you kind of useless.
-butt cracks are to be covered
-I would add that UNDERwear is supposed to be worn UNDER the clothes.

 
Google Analytics Alternative