Wednesday, November 14, 2007

NaBloPoMo (less 6 days)

My last post was on November 8th. If you do the math, that's about 6 days ago. I screwed up my NaBloPoMo commitment by 6 days. I am sorry, normally I am much more responsible but sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging. For the 2-3 of you that read my last post, my parting words were something about picking tangerines and grapefruits. That's where I left off ... this is where it continues.

Last I remember it was Thursday, November 8th. It was a bright, sunny, lovely morning. Perfect day for picking citrus. I put on my farm clothes and headed to the finca. (finca=farm) I think I had already filled a large sack with grapefruits, and another with tangerines and was working my way towards the lemons, when I saw the first flash of light. This is where things get a little cloudy. It was as if a large oval shape shiny flying object had landed on my farm. I couldn't move, I wanted to move, perhaps even scream, but I couldn't. It was as if someone or perhaps something had control of my body.

I can't remember most of the last 6 days but I can share with you the few bits and pieces that seem to be a part of where I may have been for the last 6 days (instead of fulfilling my duty to NaBloPoMo). I remember little green men, I think they had foreign accents, although I don't recall seeing their lips move. I remember a hallway of shame photographs of people I somehow thought I knew. I could swear (although the memory is a bit foggy) that I saw I picture of Dagromm in his bunny suit. Then I spotted a group photo of the quad, I can't tell you what Q was doing in the photo because the sheer thought makes me ill. There was a photo of Susan, this of course was basked in sunlight, and although I have never actually met her, the person in the picture was proudly displaying her wares so who else could it be but Susan, right?

The little green men led me through the hallway and into a conference room. I think the chupacabra was there, as was the Pillsbury dough boy( I seem to recall a look of angst on his little dough face, what is it with aliens and anal probes?), the Michelin tire man, that big marshmallow guy from the ghostbuster movie, a wookie and Sigourney Weaver. Everyone was in various "probing positions". Again my memory seems to fail me somewhat here. I do recall reaching for my switchblade, because duh ... I am Puerto Rican, I never leave home without it. Then before I knew it I woke up today in my bed surrounded by sacks of fruit. go figure ...

The good news is I am back, the bad news is I can't figure out how to get all this marshmallow out of my hair.

In comments, how goes it with you? miss me? ever been abducted by little green men?

12 comments:

Susan said...

It's going. I'm trying to keep my commitment to this nablaaaaaaaaahpsomanypost thing. I was sure you'd been swept up in a tornado. Your farm had landed on a woman with sparkling red shoes. Everyone would be there and we'd be following the yellow brick road..wait..maybe I was watching the wizard of oz and you floated through my mind and I thought you'd be smashing in the roll of Dorothy in my Puerto Rican remake.

I have never, ever been abducted. I, as you should have been able to tell by the sunlight and incredibly flattering camera angle, went willingly.

Susan said...

Oh, and a weird thing: Today Jolly Green and I had a conversation for at least an hour about the first Ghost Busters movie. We have huge plans for a stun gun and the line "Are you a god?" at the next company meeting.

Anonymous said...

Just take a hot shower to get rid of the marshmallow. I've been there sista.

No green men here, but Kevin Costner is the reoccurring generic white guy in many of my dreams, when it isn't Bryan Adams.

EsLocura said...

Susan, I would look fabulous in those ruby red shoes! You darling, just crack me up.

Franki, thanks for the advice, now if I can only get the hot water heater to work, all would be groovy in my world.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. Good to know you're ok. I seem to remember something about vinegar helping get marshmallow out of hair from my time in the G Scouts.
I'd tell you all about my own abduction, but I signed a non disclosure agreement...
Glad you're back!

EsLocura said...

wng, thanks for missing me and the concern...I'm trying the vinegar next.

Unknown said...

Green men? No. Now if you had said BIG Black Men who put more than marshmellow in my hair, I'd say, "Heck yeah!" LOL
Welcome back ma!

EsLocura said...

cocoa, did you get my adventure mixed up with one of yours?

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! I'd been wonderin'...

Kofi said...

what fringes said.

No green men. There is a family story about little red men, though... I think it involves ancestors, ghosts, gravesites and a whole bunch of other things my relatives selectively remember.

NoRegrets said...

I think the Pillsbury Doughboy was nervous because he didn't know there was another place on his body that could be poked besides his belly. Wonder if he giggled.

EsLocura said...

fringes, I miss you too

kofi, been catching up on my reading, you keep me thinking.

nore, you made me laugh so hard I drooled

 
Google Analytics Alternative