Friday, May 04, 2007

Just a thought ...

You know those moments when a completely crazy thought pops into your head. The kind of moment when you are spaced out, or bored, perhaps just so damn tired that you can almost fall asleep but you don't. The kind of moment when you don't feel like anything, almost numb, everything seems so blah. And then an Epiphany ... what if they were to make a movie about me? ... all of a sudden you perk up, "it's crazy but it could work". I'm not really stuck on Salma Hayek playing the part of me. For one thing, she is Mexican and I am Puerto Rican. For another thing, since she played the part of Frieda Kahlo (which I loved) I can't picture her without the uni-brow thing, and I think that would freak me out on the set. However, I sure do admire her political activism. I am more the Rosie Perez type. She's Puerto Rican, as am I. She has an accent, I have an accent (on occasion) She's from New York, I grew up in Brooklyn, she did a documentary about Puerto Rico, I live in Puerto Rico. But she wouldn't answer her phone, no matter how many times I called today. (Rosie, if you are reading this, call me) As my lead paramour I don't care for Colin Farrell but he was the only one I could get to pose for the poster on such short notice. I'd cast Raul Julia but he's dead. I'm rather fond of Ruben Blades because even though he isn't a great actor, I love his music and again, I admire his activism. I have no idea what the movie would be like, I don't have a script or anything. I'll just cast the leading roles first and worry about the details later ... just a thought.

Feel free to tell me who would play the part of you in a movie, or who would play me, or better yet, got the phone number to some sexy leading man?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My part would be played by Elliot Gould. Sad but true.

Em said...

Sadly for you, I do not have the number of any handsome leading men. But Selma is quite lovely. She would be an ideal leading lady.

Who would play me? Well, since you don't know what I look like, I could leap to the Brad Pitt option...but that is so unrealistic. I don't know...who is tall and thin with dark hair and a mustache?

Kofi said...

coming to your blog by way of fringes... I'm definitely intrigued... hopefully I'll stick around.

In classical terms I'd probably be played by someone like Denzel or Boris Kodjoe or Morris Chesnut.

I think Rosie Perez works... although I don't know you... I like her.

EsLocura said...

Bobby, Mr. Gould played some very important acting parts, like, um, well there was ... OK you are right, it is sad.

Em, tall, thin, dark hair and mustache ... I do know it's not Brad Pitt. But thanks for playing.

EsLocura said...

Kofi, if you look like Boris or morris you can be in my movie. Thanks for stopping in and please do come back.

 
Google Analytics Alternative