Tuesday, May 01, 2007

As the BLOG turns ...

The interviewing continues in the blogging world. Fringes who has her own unique way of engaging in meme's decided to twist the rules and rather than ask questions herself, has paired up her readers. Q and I have been paired, he the interviewer and yo soy la interviewee. (Be afraid my friends, be very afraid.) Unlike Jali, whose questions I greeted with open arms, I must say I had a bit of trepidation about the "infamous" Q. But hey, you know me, I may not be a kabuki dancer, or a monkey trainer, or even a grave digger, but I am a damn good team player.

Q: I'm getting bored with Fringes. Are you looking for a new lover? What if I told you I'm available? Are you available to do laundry? cook my meals? chauffeur me around? keep me in the lifestyle in which I have become accustomed? If your answer to any of these questions is "no" ... then NO, I am not looking for a new lover. My current lover is fun, cute, witty and incredibly generous, makes him a very hard act to follow.

Q: I've never been to Puerto Rico. If I had only one day to see the must-see sights, where would you take me? Impossible to see all the "must-see" spots in one day but some of my favorites are: "El Morro" (first stop, it's close to the airport), it's a fortress, and a national monument. Also, one of the most photographed spots in Puerto Rico. On to "El Yunque" our rain forest. The only tropical forest in the United States National forest system. 28,000 acres of water falls, monkeys, parrots and you know, all that stuff associated with a rain forest except deadly snakes. Next stop "The Arecibo Observatory". It's the world's largest single-dish radio telescope. Like I always say, you haven't lived until you have seen the "world's largest something". By now, I think we would be hungry and when you are hungry in Puerto Rico you think PORK. So we head to "Guavate", its Lechoneras (slow turning rotisserie over an open flame, usually the whole pig). Many restaurants/stands lining a long picturesque road. Musicians, plenty of Medalla Beer and Palo Viejo rum (that Bacardi shit is for tourists). Last but not least the "Camuy Caverns", pretty groovy and we get to sit and ride a tram for a little while, I'm tired after this whirlwind sightseeing. OK, Q trip is over, time to go home, get out, come back when you have at least week, I'll show you the rest of the island.

Q: Is Eslocura Spanish for hot blogger chick? If not, what else can it possibly mean? YES, absolutely, no doubt, it means "hot blogger chick". (but if it had to mean something else, it might mean Es=it's Locura=chronic psychosis).

Q: Besides lube, name 10 non-edible uses for apple jelly. (you did research, am impressed) Glue, Face wrinkle remover (pectin is a natural wrinkle remover, few people know this, but I am pleased to educate), shoe shine (a little sticky but it is shiny), insecticide (doesn't actually kill the bugs but they get stuck, which could lead to death), embalming fluid (it's what the ancient Egyptians used), cat shampoo (I use bungee cords to keep him still), sunscreen ( SPF 0.2), toilet bowl cleaner (another advantage to pectin), perfume (dab a little behind both ears.), electrical outlet tester (watch the sparks).

Q: I personally like to receive. Which do you enjoy? Giving or receiving? (This question may have some sexual innuendo/connotation to some but not to me.) I'm a taker. I don't share well so by default "giving" isn't my thing. However I do receive well, things like jewelery and expensive shoes are receiving favorites.

14 comments:

fringes said...

Am I allowed to choose favorites? Probably not. But I will say your day tour of Puerto Rico was the most informative and entertaining answer so far in the interview circle.

EsLocura said...

Fringes, thanks, do I get a reward for being informative?

EsLocura said...

I meant prize not reward (sometimes the language thing gets to me.)

fringes said...

reward=prize=reward. And, yes, your reward is hosting our week-long tour when we get there.

EsLocura said...

so the prize/reward is the "gifts" I will be receiving upon your arrival, right?

heather said...

this is funny :-) how is it that i've never stumbled my way over here before? leave it to fringes to create an irresitable path.

EsLocura said...

Hey Heather, welcome to the asylum. muchas gracias for the lovely compliment and for stopping by, look forward to your return.

Susan said...

I am amazed by all the uses for apple jelly. You've enlightened me.

Tera said...

Wow! Who knew there was SO MANY uses for Apple Jelly?!?!

EsLocura said...

Susan, blogging is not only fun but educational. thanks for stopping in, please do come back.

Tera, please feel free to pass those little bits of knowledge around. and don't forget there is always the basic sandwich use.

Anonymous said...

Love the new banner! Can we expect a new one every month?

EsLocura said...

Hey Cleveland, thanks for stopping in at the asylum. glad you like the banner and yes, there will be a new one every month (or at least until I run out of pictures.)

Amadeo said...

Apple jelly seems almost as useful as duct tape...I didn't see any thing about keeping children still and quiet though so duct tape wins.

EsLocura said...

Amadeo,granted duct tape is fabulous but I hear if you feed a whole jar of apple jelly to some child, it ferments, rendering them quiet(and still)for days

 
Google Analytics Alternative