Sunday, May 13, 2007

Felicidades

I was woken up today at 4:05AM by our town crier. Our town crier is a big old truck with huge speakers mounted on top. He goes up and down these winding country roads and makes announcements about all sorts of things. (it helps to keep all of us "in the loop"). This morning (did I mention it was 4:05AM) was the "Felize dia de las Madres" songs and announcements. WTF. There were sad, sappy songs playing, and of course the yearly mothers day wishes from our mayor. Now, why the mayor felt that 4:05 AM was a good time for loud, blaring, music coupled with Mothers day wishes, is a mystery to me. (did I mention it was 4:05AM) Now, I am wide awake and the roosters are crowing, the coffee is brewing, and as long as I am here, Felize dia de las Madres ... Happy Mothers day. (from me and the town crier)

16 comments:

Em said...

I think you said it was something like 4:05AM?? Is the Town Crier too big for a serious over-the-knee spanking!?!? That is just an insane time to wake up anyone!

EsLocura said...

em, it is insane and just wrong. will be going to bed early tonight.

Kofi said...

Thanks for the pep talk... and, um, is it too culturally insensitive of me to say that in 2007 I didn't know places still had criers? Hope you get better rest tonight.

EsLocura said...

Kofi, sad but true, they still exsist here. It's how we get all our town events, political news ect. (and your welcome)

Amadeo said...

I say you all gather and go to his house at 3:00 a.m. and sing like a good morning song...you'll be tired, but the payback will be worth it.

fringes said...

Somebody's handing out pep talks? Where do I find the line?

Tera said...

My goodness!!! Obviously some people have nothing better to do at 4:05 in the morning than to WAKE OTHER PEOPLE UP! You didn't have any eggs, banana peels, or garbage on hand to throw???

EsLocura said...

amadeo,first I have to buy a truck and put the biggest speakers I can find on top then your plan goes into action.

Fringes, you know where to find me, "Pep talks R us", bring the wine.

tera, come over, bring your garbage.(fringes is bringing wine)

Nina said...

that's not even funny. I'd be so mad!!!


you've been tagged, pay my page a visit :)

EsLocura said...

Hey nina, yes, I've been tagged, will be posting real soon, thanks for stopping in.

Anonymous said...

I want to visit now more than ever, Es L.

EsLocura said...

uno, dos, tres, come on over, perhaps we have the town crier announce your arrival all over town.

Anonymous said...

and you want me to spend the night at your house next month??
Please warn him, I can't be tolarated that early especially without any coffee.

EsLocura said...

Spunky, hey you have to take the good with the bad. I'm paying him extra to stop by and say hi to you.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I thought the Town Crier was a thing of the past, like in colonial Williamsburg. And at 4:05 in the morning? That is mad, completamente loco. Even the roosters don't get up that early.

Dia de las Madres My Ass.

EsLocura said...

hearts, the town crier is alive and well, and living in puerto rico.

 
Google Analytics Alternative