Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Looking for work

I am sick with the most horrendous cold of my life. Granted any time I have a cold, it's the worse cold of my life, but this one really is the worse, ever. I can't breathe, my head hurts, my eyes are swollen, and my vision is blurred. I have purchased 5 different cold remedies. I am alternating taking one pill of each type every 4-6 hours, which may account for my current brain fog. So what, you say ... sympathy my friends, I want some damn sympathy. I should be in bed, keeping warm and lamenting my sure death but instead I am posting because I need to keep you visiting the asylum to check out what new witty tale or crazy rant I may have to share. Right now I have neither a tale nor a rant ... did I mention my brain fog? So when all else fails, post a list (blogger rule book #63) Here are jobs I may or may not have had:
  1. Circus acrobat
  2. Fast food french fry chef
  3. Therapist at a mental health clinic
  4. Grave digger
  5. Director of a residential program for developmentally delayed adults
  6. Travel agent
  7. Fashion guru
  8. Line worker at a toy factory
  9. Monkey trainer
  10. Clinician at a vocational program for the mentally ill
  11. Domestic goddess
  12. Bee keeper
  13. Bank teller
  14. Kabuki dancer
  15. Male stripper
In the comments section tell me which jobs you think I had, the winner gets to write my epitaph. (my brain fog is fading , time to pop a few more pills)

23 comments:

jali said...

Whoo-hoo a chance to guess!

Based on the little I've read about you...

From 1st grade to present:
Fashion guru.
Domestic Goddess.

After college and grad school:
Therapist at a mental health clinic
Director of a residential program
Clinician at a vocational program
Travel agent (you booked your own ticket to paradise)
Bee keeper

While in school:
Fast food fry chef
Bank teller

Summer vacation:
Line worker at a toy factory
Monkey trainer
(you wanted to be an acrobat, but your fear of falling ended that dream)

Anonymous said...

I'll give it a shot:

3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, and 13

EsLocura said...

Damn Jali, have you been following me around? I still wear my acrobat outfit on special occasions, I look hot in sequins.

Paul,good guesses but I can't reveal the real list yet.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing Kabuki dancer, the Puerto Ricans take their japanese dance and make up seriously.

EsLocura said...

Kevin, I am more of a salsa or waltz kinda girl, but you got the make up thing right.

fringes said...

2, 5, 10, 11, 13.

What do I win?

EsLocura said...

fringes, IF you win, you get to write my epitaph when I croak from this freaking cold. If you lose I still might let you write it cuz I like you.

Yo Mama said...

It's unfortunate you have such a miserable cold. If I lived near by I would go by to make you chicken soup and tecito, etc. ()I live in Denver Metro.

What is a male stripper? A male who strips for females or a female who strips for males?

123Valerie said...

1,2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (if you count human monkies), 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.

You don't strike me as the type to have a penis, but I wouldn't put stripper past you at all.

I wish I had rhythm.

I'm sending healing energies to you, my dear!

EsLocura said...

Yo Mama, I could use a tecito right now, along with some aspirin. as for the male stripper, it can be either, or so I've heard.

uno, dos, tres, you left out my favorite grave digging while stripping, it's my own idea, helps curb the crying at funerals. Gracias for the healing energy, I need all the help I can get.

mist1 said...

Do you still know how to make french fries? I really like french fries.

EsLocura said...

Mist, once a french fry chef, always a french fry chef, you should try my banana fries, perfected that recipe during the monkey training years.

Amadeo said...

How about if I just strike 1,4,9,12,14 and 15. It would seem funny, but I look back at some of my old jobs..yeesh.

EsLocura said...

amadeo, you have to put back 9, am trying to get mist to try the banana fries.

Anonymous said...

I am surprised not see shepherd as a profession like our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

EsLocura said...

gp, I don't like sheep and I have no delusions of grandeur.

Kerry McKibbins said...

Ok, here are my guesses:

Circus acrobat
Therapist at a mental health clinic
Grave digger
Fashion guru
Monkey trainer
Bee keeper
Bank teller
Kabuki dancer
Male stripper

How'd I do?
(feel better!)

EsLocura said...

Hey Kerry, thanks for stopping in. You done good, except I am afraid of dead people, so grave digger may not have been a job of mine.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I hope you feel better soon.

circus acrobat - yes
fry chef - yes
therapist - yes
grave digger - no, except maybe for dead birds you found outside as a kid
director of program - yes
travel agent - no
line worker - probably not, maybe for a summer during college
monkey trainer - yes
clinician - yes
domestic goddess - of course, that too
bee keeper - yese
bank teller - nah. (I have, though.)
Kabuki dancer - they're all male, so no
Male stripper - ditto

EsLocura said...

Heart, damn, you saw through the Kabuki dance thing.

Anonymous said...

Now let's see how well I know you:
Therapist @ mental clinic
Director of residential program
Travel agent
Line worker at toy factory
Clinician @ vocational program for mentally ill
Domestic goddess-always

so did I pass or what?

EsLocura said...

Spunky, you left out monkey trainer, damn it. you don't get to play, I left out the rule about being related to me.

Anonymous said...

No Fair, rules must be set up first so do I still get a prize!

 
Google Analytics Alternative