Monday, August 20, 2007

Let there be light

The power is back and so am I. Hurricane Dean missed Puerto Rico but in it's path it left heavy, torrential rain and strong winds. I am happy to report there was no damage to anything I hold dear. BUT ... I had no fucking power or running water for 3 days. Our water comes from a well, which requires an electrical pump to deliver natural spring water to my house, no electricity, no water.

I am not complaining because it sure as hell was better then having the hurricane hit us head on. But alas, no power sucks. No water, sucks ever bigger. I amused myself by reading (3 books in 3 days), listening to my iPod (until it died), playing board/card games (I won$5.45), enjoying the serenity of candle light (which is easy when you are drunk relaxed) and of course drinking plenty of wine bottled water to ward off dehydration.

I am anxiously awaiting the return of running water tonight. I plan on taking a long hot shower, my first in 3 days. Not that I smell all that bad right now, I did wash up daily. But turning on the shower and stepping into that gentle warm stream will beat the hell out of having to lather and rinse while holding and pouring cold water on myself from gallon jugs of bottled water. (which I might add, required some pretty impressive contortionist type movements on my part)

As soon as the power was back, I did a little naked happy dance (because if you are going to do a happy dance it really should be done naked, other wise you run the risk of looking stupid). After the dance, I checked my blog and my email. My most sincere thanks to all of you who commented, emailed and sent good thoughts my way. I feel all warm and fuzzy from the love. (there is a slight chance the "fuzzy" might be from the lack of showering but I'm almost certain it's the love).

There is light, there is love and damn it, soon there will be water, all is good here on my little piece of the planet.

23 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so very glad to hear you're ok!! I was a bit worried. Oh I bet you that while all that was going on you even got along with your neighbors. No loud music, eh?

Anonymous said...

Welcome back--I missed you and your sense of humor.
I bet that shower never felt better after 3 days of funk.

Nina said...

I'm glad that you're ok. I was watching the news the other day, heard that the hurricane was headed your way and thought, "Oh NO!!! Eslocura!!!"

Dagromm said...

I thought you would have your servants do the happy dance for you. Glad to hear that you are ok. I was thinking about you when I was watching the news, but I figured if something had happened to the Queen of Puerto Rico then it would have been reported.

heather said...

lol, so glad all's well in your neck of the woods.

do us all a favor though, tell dags he's the exception to the rule. no more nude happy dances!

please. ;-)

EsLocura said...

Susan, the neighbors were quiet, there's a bright spot to every storm.

Spunky, shower's are heavenly.

Nina, thank you, you're sweet.

Dagromm, I'm one of those benevolent Queens, I do my own naked dancing.

Heather, personally I liked to see Dags do a little naked dancing, it's twisted I know, but I can't help it.

jali said...

I'm soooo glad you're okay. I think the best thing about emergencies like this are that they make us appreciate all the shit we take for granted. Man, my power went out the other night and I freaked - no AC - no TV - It felt like the Flintstones - You seem to have dealt with things very well...

advice noted: do happy dance naked.

Tera said...

Um...hmmm...something about dancing while naked doesn't sit well with me! I probably however would have waited until I showered before spreading said funk! LOL!

You crack me up Es...glad you're back!!!

Kofi said...

I'm glad Dean knew better than to mess (too severely) with the Asylum.

lyre said...

I think i am gonna try that little nakked dance tonight. heh heh heh

EsLocura said...

Jali, love having you back, I know I said that already but so.

Tera, don't knock it until you tried it, trust me, happy dance should always be done naked.

Kofi, damn right, he knew better.

Lyre, I knew you would. : )

Dagromm said...

Hey, I look good doing my happy dance. I start off in my cowboy costume though.

Amadeo said...

Think of it like you're camping and being rugged...but with wine.

EsLocura said...

dagromm, damn, I had $5 riding on the bunny suit.

amadeo, and without smore's.

Lex said...

So glad you are well...and clean.

Em said...

Sorry about the loss of utilities, but I'm so glad you were spared any other damage!!

Now pardon me while I imagine you dancing naked. ;)

fringes said...

You see how concerned I was. It took me a week to get back over here. Woo, I'm such a friend. Happy are the days we can take a hot shower.

Oh, and we are on the case picking up those Blow Pops for you. Green apple and watermelon are my favorites.

Glad you're safe.

EsLocura said...

Lex, gracias, I knew you would approve.

Em, imagine away, I was a sight to behold.

Fringes, looking forward to my blow pops, I think this makes you my "dealer".

heather said...

your comment to fringes made me worry for your future.

you're gonna go through bp dt's sooner or later. lol


i know, i know, bad joke. but that's where my head is at tonight. :-)

Susan said...

Alright, lady, where are you hiding?

EsLocura said...

heather, I thought the joke was funny, should I be afraid?

Susan, hiding, moi? (ok maybe a little)

Anonymous said...

Eslocura, amen, let there be light. Also, may it continue to shine through every part of your being and in Puelto Rico, it shines so brightly it illuminates the entire Caribbean and far beyond. And yes, there is love AKA God. LOL

EsLocura said...

anon, yes, love is a good thing.

 
Google Analytics Alternative