Friday, August 17, 2007

Eye of the storm

Hurricane Dean is making it's way through the Caribbean. Puerto Rico is on tropical storm watch. Every television and radio station is telling us to get ready with all the necessary things. By 8 PM tonight hurricane Dean should be a category 4 hurricane when it passes south of Puerto Rico. We are expecting heavy rain and strong winds. There is a slight possibility that Dean's path will shift and hit my little island but that's just a "slight" possibility at this point. For now I am going to secure my home and surrounding property, go buy batteries, water, a few bags of ice, some non- perishable stuff (like chips and wine). Most importantly I'm making sure my cell phone and iPod are charged. So my little huckleberries if I am MIA for a few days, it will be due to loss of power or too much wine.

12 comments:

Tera said...

Thanks for the fair warning Es, but too much wine is ALWAYS totally acceptable!!!

Hey, and don't be out there trying to chase that damn storm! Leave that to Dagromm!

Amadeo said...

Stay safe...and all that other sensible advice.

Anonymous said...

Sure, any excuse to hit that damn bottle(s) of wine for a few days straight. Be safe-stay away from those strong winds.

jali said...

I'm glad you were able to pick up most of the important perishables! What about the chocolate? How about the dip?

heather said...

don't try to use too much wine as an excuse not to post, i'm not buying it.

no power?, now that's a different story.

stay safe.

Susan said...

I hope you stay safe in the storm. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

lyre said...

Here's to your safety!

Kofi said...

here's to excessive amounts of wine.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I just came over here because I was worried about you.

Stay safe and be well. Sending the best of thoughts and prayers that your wine lasts out the storm.

fringes said...

Checking in on you...I know you're safe, but wave a wine label above your head so I can be sure.

heather said...

and so that we know what kind you're drinking.

it's more fun when we're all drinking the same stuff. ;-)

EsLocura said...

To every single one of you: you are too damn funny and wonderful. muchas gracias, I am humbled by your generosity of spirit and concern. besos.

 
Google Analytics Alternative