Sunday, December 31, 2006

Good Bye 2006

As this year comes to a close, the media is filled with reviews of the past year. I ruminate about the past and start thinking about the new year. Unlike millions of people, I won't waste my time making New Years resolutions. What would be the point? Who do you know that actually made a resolution and kept it? If you do know someone who claims to have made a New Years resolution and kept it, chances are they lied. So again, why bother?

Instead of resolutions, I say goodbye to 2006 with love, admiration, and gratefulness to those people or events who made the planet a sweeter place, and vow in 2007 (not a resolution just a desire) to get a hell of a lot more sleep. (despite the voices)
  • To my family (you know who you are): who despite their proclivity towards complete insanity continue to love me unconditionally, continue to stand strong and united no matter what the gods send our way.
  • My friends : the "comadres" Loli, The mother hen, who despite her own trials and tribulations, always calls and emails, knowing I hardly ever return either. Yolanda, with her words of love and magical healing, the wisest soul I know. The two of you have taught me the real meaning of friendship. Dan and Jeannie, Oh, how I miss our 3 person parties, the decadence of our relationship, the jokes no one but us will ever understand. "the boys" again proving that men can sometimes be the best girlfriends.
  • white chocolate: I am grateful, admire and love your existence
  • Cochise: sweet kitty gato, your purring has stopped my tears more often then I care to admit.
  • my ipod: because of you, music is always at the ready, evoking a plethora of emotions
  • my cousins: (and if you know my family, you know that "cousins" number in the millions) Those I am becoming re-acquainted with and those who since childhood are part of my memories.
  • laughter: it really is the best medicine.
  • The man in my life (you know who you are): you always believe in me, never give up on me, spoil me, love me, tolerate all my bullshit, and after all these years still crack me up like no other.
  • fruity cheerios: (not to be confused with fruit loops) a meal at any time of the day.
  • health: although not perfect, I still have the energy to continue this adventure.
  • My mother in law: your generosity of spirit and loving nature are cherished.
  • Puerto Rico: my birth place, my current home, you have reawakened my pride in country and culture. (except for reggaeton which sucks and should be banned)
  • Natures wonders: every day I am amazed at the beauty that is you
  • platanos: my comfort food
  • Everything and everyone else who crossed my path in 2006, who challenged me, shared their wisdom, or altered my being in any way.
In retrospect 2006 wasn't that bad. I jumped many hurdles, learned a few life lessons, laughed, became stronger and more determined than ever. Goodbye 2006, come on 2007, I'm ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eslocura,
Found your photo quite flattering. Loved your hat,pearls & glasses. Also, are you able to get real Cuban Cigars.
Read entire blog & am looking forward to being avid reader & fan of the Asylum
Big Chibby(aka Papa Bear)

EsLocura said...

Dear Papa Bear, thanks for the compliments. As for the photo, I dressed up for the occasion, no that is not a real cuban cigar, I would never break the law. Welcome to the aslyum. besos

 
Google Analytics Alternative