Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pink


In case any of you haven't noticed, there is a breast cancer badge there to the right. By posting this badge I agree to post something on my blog about breast cancer. I have thought about it and decided to make this post a general information post. I do have a personal breast cancer story but frankly I am not willing to share it at this time. Perhaps at some later date when I am eating my fruity cheerios and can detach somewhat from the still scary emotions, I will share it. For now this is what you get:
  • Every 3 minutes a woman in the united states is diagnosed with breast cancer.
  • Breast cancer incidence in women has increased from 1 in 20 in 1960 to 1 in 8 today.
  • Breast cancer is the second leading cause for death among women in the U.S. (after lung cancer)
  • Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death for U.S. women between the ages of 20 and 59, and the leading cause of cancer deaths for women worldwide.
Early detection is the key ... the 5 year survival rate is 98% with early detection. Run and get your mammograms done and don't forget to do your own breast self-exam. Self exams are easy and for a little added spice you can always con a significant or non significant other into helping (wink wink) For a "how to" of breast self-exams go to this site Susan G. Komen.

That's it, short and to the point. Hope it's groovy where you are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check my breasts at least twice a day. Sometimes more if I have company.

EsLocura said...

"uno, dos, tres" you are to be admired. keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

what's up with that-only twice a day is boring-tell us more-inquiring minds want to know

EsLocura said...

twice is just a starting point, actually frequency is up to viewer discretion.

 
Google Analytics Alternative