Saturday, February 24, 2007

Everything in Moderation

I have received several inquiries into why I moderate my comments. I love inquiring minds so I am compelled to answer the :"why?" I know this blog being an open forum can be viewed by anyone, and it is my opinion that readers fall into 2 categories. There are the fabulous readers who are smart, witty and when they criticize or express their opinions, they do so with respect. Then there are the fools, the useless and weak people. These people spend their time looking for stuff they can be pissed off about in order to justify their own existence.

I got an email from someone who took offense to my "scrotum" post. (I won't name him because why give him more free press then I am already doing by talking about him). In response here is my open letter to him:

Dear Mr. Useless and weak,
Thank you for reading my blog. I understand you took offense to my scrotum post. I did warn you not to read my post if you were easily offended. Obviously you didn't read that part or your curiosity got the better of you. Regardless of the reason why you continued to read, let me address your concerns. (since you took the time to write such a caring email).
  1. Don't I care about the children of the world? ... Yes, absolutely, which is why I think they should all learn about scrotums. Learning is fundamental.
  2. must I swear? ... Fuck yeah, I like swearing. I'm sorry I have a potty mouth...NOT
  3. what gives me the right to pass judgment on others? It's my blog, my rules. passing judgment is what I do for fun, don't spoil my fun. (oh, and aren't you passing judgement on me?)
  4. it's people like me that are the reasons why we don't want to open U.S. borders. ... Ummm, I live in Puerto Rico and last time I checked Puerto Rico was part of the United States which I am pretty sure makes me a U.S. citizen. And I grew up in Brooklyn, Go Yankees! Now that has to make it all better.
  5. Why must I offend God? ... Which God is reading my blog, and why didn't someone tell me? More importantly why isn't God leaving some comments? I'd think he/she would have some pretty good opinions on my little blog. I would post all of God's comments, I would be afraid not to.
I hope that answers all your concerns. I did enjoy your email. It served to reinforce my "need" to blog. I must be doing something right to have warranted so much attention from you and the Gods.

5 comments:

123Valerie said...

Oh for crying out loud, someone needs to get laid.

Es, I am such a good person that I will volunteer to jump this guy's bones if it will settle him the hell down.

EsLocura said...

uno,dos,tres ... you have just become my new "bestest" friend. I think this is akin to taking one for the team, what a gal!

Anonymous said...

so what's his problem-did he ever hear of freedom of speech-hello world!

EsLocura said...

Hey Cuz, his problem is: stupidity, and worthlessness, just to name 2. besos

Anonymous said...

I have that same exact statue outside of our "corporate offices" in CT-can't be that bad if the corporate world allows it

 
Google Analytics Alternative