Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hello Blog, are you there? It's me ...

My Dearest Blog,

I know I have neglected you, I mean really neglected you. If you were a living thing, you would most likely be dead by now and I would be planning your funeral. In my defense I should tell you that I have been very ill in recent months. I have been a walking, one arm disease magnet. Tylenol cold and flu are now my best friends. I am taking mega doses of vitamin C and looking into investment options with the Kleenex company. I am happy to report that in the last couple weeks I seem to be on the mend and taking lesser amounts of drugs to combat the evil germs inside me.

I also have not written much because I injured my left shoulder several months ago. I injured it bad enough that the pain was horrific if I moved my arm. So I stopped moving my arm. I really had no need for a left arm anyway. We have all seen those documentaries, people can do wonderful things without the use of a limb, right? Right. I have become very adept at performing all sorts of mundane daily tasks with only one arm. I should have taken pictures to share with you because I am a lovely sight trying to get dressed in the morning. I didn't know I had the physically agility to put my bra on, and pull on shorts with one arm. But oh baby I do, and I did, well I did until the pain in my useless left arm became constant and ran the entire length of my arm, right into my finger tips. My left arm would not be ignored. Damn, I did so try to ignore it. So after my ripped tendon, and adhesive capsulitis were diagnosed. (the frozen shoulder I am sure a result of my refusal to move my left arm for a few months, yeah, I really am a genius.) I have since had a procedure requiring painful needles, and physical therapy. I will continue the physical therapy for a couple more months. Yes, my dear blog, not only have I been germ infested, but I was stupid enough to ignore a torn shoulder tendon and yet I lived to tell my story. Seriously I know it's hard to believe but I am a genius.

I am feeling better, I am no longer the one armed virus germ magnet. (am about an arm and a half right now) The healing started just as you were starting to cough up blood but before you died altogether. Happy days. Please do stay tuned I have some stories to tell and I promise to feed you more often. (yeah yeah I know I've said that before but I mean it this time, I think, no I do really) Until next time...

Besos, Es

16 comments:

Carlito from Bayamoncito said...

Glad you're feeling better. I miss your posts!

EsLocura said...

Carlito, awww muchas gracias!

Kofla Olivieri said...

Bien importante la terapia! Welcome back!

EsLocura said...

Kofla, sin terapia sigo siendo la mujer con solo un brazo : ) gracias por tu visita.

Anonymous said...

its about time.

I was about to hire a recon team.

: )

Pamela said...

Wow, again, glad to know you are alive! I was going to say you should have invested in a computer program that would let you speak and it would type for you, but realized you also couldn't speak worth a damn - though it would have been funny to see what the computer thought you were saying...

EsLocura said...

Caspar, hire the recon team anyway and follow them here, still awaiting your visit : )

Pamela, I think it would have made my blog x- rated, ha!

Tera said...

Oh Es, I'm glad to hear that you are getting better!!! Battling health issues is never fun.

Tera said...

BTW...if your blog is/was dying because of neglect, that must mean that mine would have been 6-feet under!!! Looking forward to all your stories :-)

Kofi said...

Those are some serious skills.

EsLocura said...

Tera, no shit, I'm happy you are back as well, I missed ya!


Kofi, damn straight, genius I tell ya. : )

Jose said...

Mira que voy a usar esta informacion como "inside" intel y tambien voy a invertir en todas esas companias farmaceuticas. Con usted me hago rico. je je je.

Hope you feel better es...

EsLocura said...

Jose, ya sabes, haz lo que quieras pero si te preguntan no me conoces
: )

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Good god, I had no idea. I'm so sorry for all you've been through, but very relieved that you caught your blog before its death throes became rigor mortis. And here I thought you were just having a high old time in your beautiful Caribbean paradise. I've missed you.

I have that cold-thing too now. It isn't pretty. Here's to both our health and happiness. Please feel better! (My word verification says "happi" - no kidding!)

EsLocura said...

Hearts, your word verification ... way funny, perhaps even fateful : )

Anonymous said...

Girl...I love your blog!! Makes me laugh a lot...please do come back! I sure hope ur feeling fine...Take care! I left all my weapons in the door, including my uzzie. :P

 
Google Analytics Alternative