Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cat on the loose

Puerto Rico has a panther on the loose. For the last week a panther has been helping himself to livestock on the island. It has been spotted in 3 areas. (Caimito, Rio Piedras, and Monte Hiedra) Our government is devising a plan to catch him. Of course our government also tried to catch the monkeys that were ruining crops and they failed miserably at that. I think they caught one but alas we still have a monkey problem.

I am thinking catching the panther might be a priority since perhaps he might be a more serious problem to humans than the monkeys. No one knows how a panther (not indigenous to the island) got here. The newspaper claims it got here illegally .... duh, ya think? I for one am sure he didn't get here on his own. Let's just hope there's more luck catching the panther than there was catching the monkeys.

9 comments:

Elisa said...

they're going to end up killing the panther which is sad because it's suppose to be a young one... the department of natural resources here is a total disaster

Anonymous said...

"black cat nine lives short days long nights living on the edge not afraid to die" - Janet Jackson

Anonymous said...

Happy Trails to you!

Hey, I have a full bottle of marachino cherries.

Those piojos make me itch.

EsLocura said...

Ali, sad but true.

Cas, not surprised you used a musical quote.

Anon, you are such a tease. : )

Susan said...

I was going to make a comment about how you must be making a killing on the yungins' but in our part of the world they call them "cougars" not "panthers" but it made much more sense in my head...

Kofi said...

So sad that people don't realize how the wrong animal in the wrong habitat really messes stuff up. I'm sure the panther wants to be there as much as you want him (or her, I'm equal opportunity) to be there.

Anonymous said...

if i opened my door and saw that beautiful creature there, i would surely pee my pantalones.

Pamela said...

Just buy some catnip. You'll be safe.

EsLocura said...

Susan, cougars are a whole other cat , your part of the world is odd : )

Kofi, we ended up with a population of large iguanas in the same way, some fool set one loose, when he got bored with him (or he got too large) sad, huh

Franki, I wouldn't expect anything less, I would do the same.

Pamela, sure easy for you to say, he isn't in your neighborhood.

 
Google Analytics Alternative