Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Still here

Inquiring minds have been wondering where I am. Estoy aqui, right here, busy doing stuff, trying to live life and be true to my self in the process.

It's not easy being green me. Life sometimes gets in the way of blogging, but I haven't been ignoring you. I have read all your posts, gotten your emails and read your comments. But I have been silent while doing it.

Much has been happening here on my little island. There is a teachers strike, which is volatile and has caused much turmoil among the natives. It's an election year, and you know what that means, the idiots are out causing havoc. The neighbors are as stupid as ever and court action seems to be my next recourse. The asylum has been dealing with stray cats (still) and pigeons (still) and barking dogs (still).

There have been many appointments for many things, farming to do and repairs to be made. I have washed all the windows and screens. I am having trouble with my camera and am thinking I need to replace it. My Ipod is having breathing problems and I may have to replace it as well. The car needs new breaks and a tune up, as well as it's inspection time.

I have many things I want to post about, like island politics, Papito Rei, friendship, love and sex. Friendship, love and sex being completely unrelated topics. I have also been tagged with several memes which I still haven't gotten to, and I got a couple blogger award things which I haven't thanked people for.

I have been doing a little soul searching because sometimes a girl has to re-evaluate where she is in life and where she might be going. I have had some emotional highs and some lows. I have been doing some hand holding with those I love, at times long distance. (you would be surprised how even with an ocean separating you, you can hold someone close). I may be rekindling a friendship and losing another. The freedom to be yourself seems to always come at a cost, it's how high a price I am willing to pay that sometimes keeps me silent, frozen even.

I still made time to take some new pictures (even with my injured camera) for new blog headers. (this months header is a peek at what most of our cemeteries look like here on the island). I still listen to my Ipod before I fall asleep even if my sweet Ipod is dying. I still made time to smoke a nice cigar, do my hair (notice the lovely new flower headband), nothing makes a girl feel prettier than flowers in/on her hair. And today I made time to say "hello" to all of you!

I am here, my little huckleberries, still holding down, fighting, pondering, searching and loving all the craziness at the asylum.

20 comments:

heather said...

thank goodness it was just life keeping you busy and not the chickens. :-)

good to hear from you. live on es, live on.

Dagromm said...

We miss you.

EsLocura said...

heather, the chickens are keeping busy with the roosters : )

dags, you just want a copy of the naked happy dance. right?

Lex said...

The freedom to be yourself seems to always come at a cost..

Truer words have never been spoken.

NoRegrets said...

I'm so glad to see a new post. And I love the front-on photo of you. :-)
You know, I might need to get me a ceegar. Good idea.

Susan said...

I need flowers for my hair. Some color would make this grey day seem better.

EsLocura said...

Lex, sad but true

Nor, a nice ceegar, helps sometimes, take it from one who knows.

Susan, I would be happy to lend you my latest flowery headband.

lyre said...

Glad your ok. Butplease keep your lungs clean...

EsLocura said...

lyre, I don't inhale : )

heather said...

i haven't smoked a cigar since high school.

there were some good times mixed in with all the crap back then. i need to remember those more often i think.

NoRegrets said...

Yes, cigars are not meant to be inhaled. Good ones are great. Once at a wedding I had a lot of alcohol and not one but TWO cuban cigars. That, alas, was a bit much.

Unknown said...

Missed you SOOOO much! Seems like your life is full to overflowing at the moment so we'll just have to take what we can get :)
Just know we're here thinking of you.

Amadeo said...

If you could turn the dogs, cats and pigeons against each other you would be a mastermind.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I'm so glad you're back, Eslo!

You're so right that the freedom to be yourself always comes at a cost. I hope that everything works out perfectly and that you always have pretty flowers for your hair.

Kofi said...

Glad to hear from you. I'll be here when you get back from all those fun and exciting things you have going on.

dmarks said...

Cigars and flowers. What a fragrance combination.

Tera said...

Yay Es!!! You know re-evaluation is always good...glad to see you post!

Anonymous said...

i love that cemetery picture. hope things are well!

Anonymous said...

Just lurking, looks like I will have to catch up..

EsLocura said...

heather, I hated High School.

Nore, duh, yeah a bit much.

Wng, you are too sweet.

amadeo, I wonder if I can make big bucks from that.

hearts, muchas gracias.

Kofi, hope you are feeling better.

dmarks, fragrance indeed, welcome to the asylum.

tera, besos!

Franki, I aspire to someday take pictures that are at least 1/4 the beauty of your's.

winter, so happy you de-lurked, get back to me when ya catch up.

 
Google Analytics Alternative