Thursday, October 04, 2007

Me, Me, Me

Since my muse is locked in the bathroom, refusing to come out and I am trying to beat the interview meme record, Tera at "Peruse and Ponder" is helping me out, read on, it's all about me.

1) You are given one "do over", what do you do over? I would have handled my friendship with R differently. I would apologize for not understanding her better and for making the disastrous decision that costs us our friendship. With that said, I do believe that even bad choices/decisions help to define who we become as long as we learn a lesson from the experience. I learned a hard yet very valuable lesson from this falling out with R. She and nuestras hijas are truly missed, all these years later.

2) You are a living legend and are going to be globally recognized in 3 days ... write your speech.
Gracias, muchas gracias, por acceptar que yo soy la unica persona que puedo conquistar el mundo. Free drinks for everyone.


3) The old man that had the discussion about the parking spot with you in the garage weeks ago is in the elevator with you and you two recognize each other ... do you say anything to him? I say " Hey, You look a little older then last time we met ... Get out! I found this elevator first!".

4) No one has read your blog in weeks (I know rare, but run with me on this one) as soon as you become a bit puzzled, what is your next post about? It's about my wild week of sex, sharing every small detail and of course, plenty of pictures, nothing brings the hoards of huckleberries out like sex.

5) Tell me about your first love, any regrets? still communicate? lessons learned? It was J in high school. He was sweet, funny and thoughtful. My first "real boyfriend". Our families were concerned about our differences mostly that I was poor and lived in a bad neighborhood, he was not poor and lived in a nice neighborhood. Either his parents or older brother always drove him to my house and picked him up because they feared for his safety. Lesson learned: despite their concerns, his family always welcomed me with open arms, always tried to feed me, and with J, I never felt poor, or different. Compassion, understanding and an open mind go a long way. I also learned how to kiss with J, he was a damn great kisser. We lost track of each other when he got a baseball scholarship and I moved from New York to Massachusetts. (Hey J, if you happen upon my blog, thank you, it was a lovely ride and you did set the bar pretty high for future boyfriends.)

Please stay tuned, Susan's interview questions coming up next.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Insightful as always. I hope J does happen across your blog :)

fringes said...

Tera, these were great questions.

Eslocura, I loved your answers.

I was trying to pick my favorite of each one, but I cannot.

Very nice...

Susan said...

I came for the sex talk but stayed for the compassion.

Your blog just makes me smile.

Ick. Susan questions never turn out well. lol

Em said...

The wild week of sex with photos...that's worth waiting for! :)

Kofi said...

I enjoyed reading, as I always do. Especially liked number 5. It brought back memories.

Anonymous said...

I'll be back for the sex. ;)

EsLocura said...

Wng, it would be pretty funny if he did.

Fringes, Gracias, those were good questions.

Susan, I'll be posting your questions by morning,the sex talk will follow, someday.

em, you're just the huckleberry I was aiming for.

Kofi, como siempre gracias.

Franki, I can always count on you.

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Algun dia.
~R~

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I loved your comment to the old man in the elevator, and it was great hearing about J. It sounds as if he did set the bar high, and I wonder where he is now.

I am positive that he would still adore you.

EsLocura said...

R, from your lips to gods ears (and we both know how I feel about god : )

hearts, you are too sweet.

Tera said...

Es I can't believe your next post answer!!! The Quad is sure to be all over that!

This was a great read...you are a riot!

 
Google Analytics Alternative