Monday, September 24, 2007

A little heart to heart

Hello my little huckleberries! I know it's been a while and thank you for all the email and comments left wondering about my lack of posting. Seems that sometimes life gets in the way of blogging. I have been busy with family stuff, house stuff, and visiting friends stuff. I also have been busy working on my naked happy dance because you know... practice makes perfect.

Hearts over at "Guilty with an explanation" sent me a meme over a week ago and although I swore to get right on it, I am just getting to it now. Heart's blog is among my favorites. She is smart, witty and insightful. Now to the meme before I get distracted. It's an interview, 5 questions kind. (Heart's questions and my answers.)

1) I would like to know all the reasons you moved to Puerto Rico, besides the incredible staggering beauty of the place. This property was purchased close to 10 years ago as an investment, a possible retirement getaway and for sentimental reasons. This is where my dad grew up, in fact he went to grade school just down the road. About 3 years ago I came here on vacation for what was suppose to be a 2 week stay and stayed for a month. Shortly there after I came back to deal with a family crisis and I have been here ever since. In the process of being the fabulous problem solver/care giver that I am, I rediscovered my roots. (not that I had ever left them behind, just that my focus was different.) I found that my culture, and my island held my history and perhaps my future. The activism and beliefs my parents instilled in me, came to flourish here. I am here, choosing to speak for those who can't, taking care of those who need a helping hand, and living a much more selfless life. Of course, why I am here is much more convoluted and complicated than I am stating but the bottom line is that I love my homeland and had always planed on returning. Fate just had a way of getting me here sooner than I had anticipated.

2) If you could meet one famous person from any era, who would it be, and what would you want to ask him or her? I'd would like to meet Albert Einstein. I'd want to ask him how he managed to use his genius for good not evil and still have the courage to be himself. How does one stay true to himself and yet cope with the ideals and expectations of the planet? (that may be 2 questions but so) Yes, Albert Einstein because I admire those who were told they couldn't but did.

3) If you were assured the wildest success in any career of your choice, what would it be? I'd have to say it would be in the only career I enjoyed (and was damn good in, she said modestly), the field of psychology. The success would be to understand human behavior enough to alter it in a way that would allow for more happiness. The ability to teach the skills needed so that everyone gets an equal chance at living the best life they can. Since it's my "wildest success" to help conquer mental illness, now that would be wild.

4) If you were given 10 million dollars, free and clear, how would you spend it? I'd spend 5 million making my family and friends a little more comfortable and 5 million I would give to charity. The charities would be : Susan G komen foundation, Heifer International, Kiva, and the International Aids Alliance.

5) What quality of character do you most want to be remembered for by your loved ones? Sincerity.


Interview rules:
1) If you would like to be interviewed leave me a comment saying "interview me".
2) I will respond by emailing you 5 questions, I get to pick the questions.
3) Update your blog with a post containing the answers.
4) Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed, you ask them 5 questions.

There you have it, I'm back, meme style.

29 comments:

Susan said...

wow. I want interviewed by you too. You've got my email. ;)

EsLocura said...

Susan, I'll be emailing you my 5 question soon. been reading your blog, trying to catch up, talk about wow : )

Susan said...

eslocura: I waited the manditory 25 minutes between each posting for you while you were gone. I didn't even post today in honor of your return.

It's early, though, and I'm almost out of class so there's a chance for a late nighter. :)

EsLocura said...

Susan, I'll be on tenterhooks awaiting the next installment.

Lex said...

Great answers! I've already been interviewed, but feel free to shoot questions my way if there's anything else you'd like to know.

I love your island and I hope fate brings me back sooner than expected as well.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Eslocura, your answers were well worth waiting for.

I'm sure that Fate brought you home when she did because there was so much good you could do there, and life is short. I loved this answer especially.

And also the one about Einstein, who is one of my heroes, too. My favorite celebrity portrait ever is the one of him sticking out his tongue. He was by all accounts a charming and delightful man whose sense of fun was as highly developed as his amazing mind.

We should all strive for sincerity. It is in shorter supply, worldwide, than it should be by far.

Thank you for your thoughtful and fascinating answers to my questions.

heather said...

first and foremost, YAY!!! you're back! :-)

*wait, you and dags both show up after lengthly absences on the same day? somethings fishy here.*

2nd, freaky deaky in a peachy keen way there dama. i've been feeling a bit nostalgic and was going through some of my old posts. one of my favorites is my interview with gb. fringes, the kick ass lady that she is, had organised a massive interview/interviewee match-up. she did all the pairing up, got interviewed and did an interview. kiddo and i decided that it was the otherland version of a 'get to know your neighbors kegger'. and well, kiddo and i being kiddo and i, had a blast. count me in! i'll be sending you my e-mail shortly. :-)

Dagromm said...

I love to talk about me, so feel free to include me in your interview list.

Good answers!

Tera said...

Phew!!! I was in the process of posting a blog today about your whereabouts, but decided to check the asylum...and ALAS! You're back!!! Yay!!!

Ooooh oooh, me, me...I wanna play!!!! Interview me! :)

Dagromm said...

Tera - I didn't see any posts from you inquiring about me? Takes a stand-offish stance.

Unknown said...

I checked every day but never left a post wondering either...some of us are just shy :)
GREAT answers!!! Heifer International is one of my charities too! Most people don't know about them, but of course, you're a lot cooler than most people. Fate and I have tangled a few times ourselves and let me tell you, she's got a mean right hook.
I'm around if you want to throw some questions my way...

EsLocura said...

Lex, we didn't get to meet last time around but you can bet a nice cold drink we'll be meeting next time you come to the island.

Heart, thank you for great questions and for checking in on me. : )

Heather, warm hugs to you for watching out for me, as for me and Dags ... you know what they say "loose lips sink ships" I'm not telling if he isn't.

Dags, thanks for the lovely time, I mean ... yes, I'll be sending questions your way.

Gp, damn right.

Tera, did your list of my where abouts include dags? questions to come soon

dags, I think it's better this way.

fringes said...

Welcome back. Great answers. I think I rememeber this interview meme...

Why does it cost so much to ship Blow Pops to PR? We might as well fly them there ourselves during non-peak.

Tera said...

Dagromm, My Sweet...jealousy is not a good look for you ;-)

Es, no, however, I have to make sure I apologize to Gyuss...I may have cornered him once in comments asking what the hell he did with you!

EsLocura said...

fringes, tell me about out it,I had to sell 3 pigs, 20 chickens and a goat to ship those mango's.

tera, I think I was held captive but it might have been just a dream,

EsLocura said...

wng, thank you for checking me out often : ) I love Heifer, it's such a great cause. I know what ya mean about fate, when she's good, she's fabulous but when she;s not ... damn her!

Kofi said...

Glad to see you're back. And I wish you great success.

EsLocura said...

Kofi, muchas gracias

Heather, why didn't I think of that?

NoRegrets said...

Wow, conquering all mental illnesses. That would be a feat.

EsLocura said...

no, yes, I dream big. : )

Amadeo said...

I always like attention.

lyre said...

I wanna play. glad your's back!! I am not sure I could ever go home...and that's only 2 hours away!

EsLocura said...

amadeo, does that mean you're in on questions, if so, I'll be emailing them soon, if not just ignore them.

Lyre, nice to "see" you too. expect questions in the next couple days.

Nina said...

Eslocura, I believe you truely are a beautiful and genuine woman.

EsLocura said...

nina, thank you so very much for that boost to my ego.

jali said...

This little huckleberry has really missed you. If you're not sick of doing the question thing, then I'm game to be interviewed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Eslocura, looks like you've got a full time job doing interviews!

I'd like to be remembered for my sincerity too.

Dagromm said...

I'm starting to feel bad. You haven't had anytime to post anymore because bloggers are all so self centered that we feel we should be interviewed.

I hope you get to write again soon. Feliz Dia de Dagromm!!!!

EsLocura said...

Jali, questions are coming any day now.

Franki, it's a quality we should practice.

Dags, I think I under estimated the interest, but it's been way fun to read answers and see the creative community at large. Dagromm day isn't until the 3rd, it's gearing up to be a wild celebration.

 
Google Analytics Alternative