Friday, March 02, 2007

Devoid of Sleep

For as long as I can remember my sleep patterns have been odd. I don't sleep well. Never have. I do have moments when I sleep through the night for a few weeks at a time. Alas it doesn't happen often. As a kid I didn't sleep for fear I would miss out on something. My mind was always filled with things to read, things to do, adventures to undertake. Sleep was such an annoyance. As time went on I realized I was one of those insomniacs, you know those people who don't sleep much for months on end and then become zombie like until they crash. Well today I crashed. I was heading in that direction all week. Feeling tired, looking a bit zombie like, getting a little edgy. No longer my fabulous, cool, ready to tackle the world self. I can always tell when I am heading for the "crash". Besides not looking my very best. I become obsessive. Yesterday I spent way too much time obsessing about my latest love affair with Rocket Dog shoes. That is sign number 1 of impending doom. You should never worry about a shoe obsession, shoes are good things. Sign number 2 is my very irritable reaction to everything I see or hear. Good Morning is heard as " your Rocket Dog shoes are ugly" to which I reply with a resounding "SO" ( I am sleep deprived, that is all I can come up with) Sign number 3 is the hallucinations. Now lucky for me, hallucinations are not always a bad thing sometimes I even welcome their arrival. But when I start to have conversations with the "free range" chickens, I know I am crashing soon. ( I always mention "free range" to keep the PETA people at bay) Today I crashed. I have slept all day. All day. I went to sleep about 5 am and woke up around 7PM. The Asylum woke me up a few times just to verify I was still among the living. I barely manged an audible "go away" before I feel right back to sleep. Of course it is now 9PM and I am wide awake. Rested and awake. Awake when I should be getting ready for sleep ... It's a vicious cycle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you need is someone to tire you out!

EsLocura said...

Perhaps I just need to run more

Anonymous said...

As if you already don't have "someone" to tire you out--:)

123Valerie said...

I'd settle for "something" to tire me out. Human contact soooooo overrated.

mist1 said...

I have a few pairs of Rocket Dog shoes. They are not ugly. They are misunderstood.

EsLocura said...

Spunky, am sticking to the running story. : )
uno, dos, tres, couldn't agree more don't ya just have days when becoming a hermit seems so lovely.
Mist, you always say the wisest things, am going to buy another pair right now!

 
Google Analytics Alternative