Monday, May 17, 2010

another bullet post


  • My brother's birthday party was fun, he got plenty of fabulous gifts, and groovy memories.
  • My shoulder is healing. I have been going to physical therapy 3 times a week. I dare say I am even starting to use my left arm again. I have a whole lot less pain and can now dress myself independently. Feeling pretty good about my progress.
  • Sunday around 1:15 am I felt the earth move. My first reaction was "yeah, he rocks my world", followed by "am I dreaming?" which quickly turned into ... no wait I am wide awake and sleeping alone. It took only seconds to realize it was in fact an earth quake. A moderate earth quake of 5.8. The island sustained minimal structural damage, some rock slides, no deaths or injuries reported. It was an odd sensation to feel my bed rocking, and hear things rumbling.
  • I have decided to get political, after all I am Puerto Rican and politics is sort of our hobby and national pastime. Am starting in my own community. I am now the "water queen". We have private well water services in our community, which serves about 110 families. Being water queen requires meetings with our mayor, environmental services, local electric company and of course, the 110 families we serve. I dubbed myself water queen, because you know, I am all about the power. First Aguas Buenas, then the world. (insert maniacal laugh here)
  • It's mango season, and that my little huckleberries is one of the greatest things about living here. I went to a baseball game this weekend in Ponce. I parked in front of a house with a massive mango tree, and there were mangos everywhere. I asked the home owners if I could help myself to some fruit and they said yes, not only yes, but got me some bags, opened their gate and helped me unto the roof of their house where I proceeded to fill two large garbage bags with delicious mangos. I shared some at the ball game but brought plenty back home. I absolutely love mangos!
  • OK, that's it. done. be back soon.

11 comments:

COLLEEN ABDUL JABBAR said...

I discovered Mangos at the ripe old age of 35. Can't get enough of em now. Loves loves loves em!!!

Glad you are feeling better Es. All things in time my dear.

And when I come back to P.R., you are the first person I plan on laying out with on the beach so we can talk talk talk politics and such.

Love, Cas

EsLocura said...

Cas, love of mangos, among the many things we have in common, when you are in back in town you know how to reach me, they will never get us off the beach, and we will certainly never shut up, besos

Jose said...

How cool that the theraphy is working. I say this losely since you were up on the roof of someone's house chasing mangos. Now who in their right mind don't like mangos. They are like one of the most tastier fruits. Happy belated b-day to your bro. And hugs to you.

EsLocura said...

Jose, Can you just imagine an endless supply of mangos? (well endless for the next couple months)Hugs back at ya, loving all the pictures and family tales.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

You posted about mango season last year and I've been dreaming about it every since. Mangoes are my favorite thing in the world to eat!

So glad you're ok after the earthquake and that your shoulder is healing. Very good news, all of it.

Happy Mango Season!

Pamela said...

MMmmmm... mangos. In Zimbabwe I once ate way too many at once, if you catch my meaning.
I heard indirectly about the earthquake. I guess I'll be experiencing that too! ack!
Gladyou are feeling better.

LIT said...

Glad to hear all your news and that things are going well, BUT what happened to Turtle #3?

Anonymous said...

This post of your has cooled my ire a bit and I should follow your example and write about the positives in the world instead of releasing my anger.

I'm glad we're online friends. I really am. Thanks for reminding me.

Kofi said...

Hope the therapy is going/went well... a family member had to go through something similar last year.

NoRegrets said...

Alive?

NoRegrets said...

Hope you are ok and will be enjoying the holiday season.

 
Google Analytics Alternative