Monday, January 03, 2011

Twenty Eleven

It's hard to believe that I have once again neglected this blog for as long as I have. The time has flown by, I last posted in May. I keep meaning to write but you know how that goes, sometimes life just gets in the way. Spring came and went, summer ended, fall was just a blur and winter is here. 2010 is gone and 2011 has arrived. Damn, I have been gone a long time. ( but I am still looking mighty fine.)

2010:

Thanks to all the people and situations that gave me pain and grief, because of you I am stronger.
Thanks to all who worried about me, because of you I never felt alone.
Thanks to my comadres (Loli and Yogi) because of you I know unconditional true friendship.
Thanks to my family, we are an odd bunch but because of you I know how much I am loved.
Thanks to my mantra "this too shall pass" because of you I kept what little was left of my sanity.
Thanks to my Huckleberries because of you I still feel encouraged to write.
Thanks heartache because of you I am learning to appreciate the little things.
Thanks Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey because of you I gained a few pounds.
Thanks 2010 because of you I am so damn glad it's 2011.

2011:

I promise to work harder at letting the old pain go.
I promise to try and be happier.
I promise to make more time for the "full expression of my personality".
I promise to not let my hair roots show as often.
I promise to comment on you blogs, answer my email and return your calls more consistently.
I promise to stop swearing so much.
I promise to stop skipping meals and exercise more.
I promise to be more positive, more appreciative, and more focused.
I promise to blog more.


It will be a better year, I yelled it from the rooftop, it must be true.

Besos, Es








6 comments:

Pamela said...

But if you yell it from the rooftop and noone hears is it still true? What if the bear shitting in the woods heard it? Does that count?

:-) Welcome back, I hope. Hopefully you are promising yourself all those things and noone else. As that's the only way it'll come true.

EsLocura said...

Pamela, duh of course it still counts if no one heard it, I heard it that counts, as for the bear, we don't have bears in PR so who cares. wishing you plenty of fulfillment on many levels in the new year : )

Tera said...

Of COURSE my favorite part of this post is where you cross off the promise not to swear so much...I totally 2nd that motion! LOL! HNY Es!

EsLocura said...

Tera, you know damn well that wasn't a promise I was going to be able to keep,hell, I swore about 12 times just writing that post. how are the boys?

Tera said...

LOL!!!! You are correct, I knew that! They're doing great and still making Mama proud :-)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Beautiful! Our greatest pain is always our greatest teacher. I'm especially happy about your promise to blog more because I've missed you,Girlfriend!

 
Google Analytics Alternative