Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Alive and well


It's been 4 months since I last wrote in this blog. I promised I would write more often ... I lied. I didn't mean to lie it just sort of happened, Life sometimes gets in the way of blogging. Of course, you would think that after all this time I would have something profound, earth shattering, and important to say but I don't. Nope, nada, empty. Well, except for yet another bullet post and some pictures ...

  • The above picture is the back of the U.S. Puerto Rico quarter. We are a United States Colony/territory and we got minted. So go check your pocket change and when you find the Puerto Rico quarter, think of moi.

  • In October we had a huge explosion at the Gulf Oil refinery. Big massive explosion caused by human error. The explosion included a 3.8 earth tremor and a plume of smoke that could be seen for miles and lasted a week. (and yes Nor, I could see it from my house)
  • In November I attended my brother's Catholic Confirmation. I am not a practicing Catholic, nor am I much of a believer, But Albert is and it was important to him so it was important to me. His girlfriend Dilmaris, was also confirmed that day. I am sometimes in awe that this handsome 17 year old young man is the same little frightened 2 year old boy I met for the first time at social services and as much angst as he sometimes causes me, the joy he brings is far greater.
  • Our little island is besieged in turmoil. The economy sucks, the murder count is greater then several major and much bigger cities in the United States, and our Governor is a complete idiot who thinks that what's important in these trying times is privatization and statehood. Neither of which is wanted by the people of the island.

  • The holiday season is upon us and let me tell you Puerto Ricans know how to party! And we will be partying 'till the cows come home or January 6th. which ever comes first.
Now my little huckleberries, that's all I got for now. I am still here, and I will be back. besos, Es

(Susan, am so doing my naked happy dance about your new house!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your post was a great Christmas present.
I am so glad you are ok.
I didnt even hear about that refinery explosion.
Main Stream Media SUCKS.

Happy Holidays Es!

Love, Cas

EsLocura said...

Cas, wishing you and yours the merriest of holidays, thank you for always having an encouraging word or two, you are so very appreciated.

and justice for all said...

“Let me tell you the story of ‘Right Hand, Left Hand’. It’s a tale of good and evil. Hate: It was with this hand that Cane iced his brother. Love: These five fingers, they go straight to the soul of man. The right hand: the hand of love. The story of life is this: Static. One hand is always fighting the other hand; and the left hand is kicking much ass. I mean, it looks like the right hand, Love, is finished. But, hold on, stop the presses, the right hand is coming back. Yeah, he got the left hand on the ropes, now, that’s right. Ooh, it’s the devastating right and Hate is hurt, he’s down. Left-Hand Hate K.O.ed by Love.”

- Radio Raheem, Do The Right Thing (1989)

knock it out with love, my lovely boricua friend.

THE JaneBlaz aka Cas

NoRegrets said...

I came here to wish Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano and got a gift for myself. Glad you are doing well, or at least well enough to write, and great explosion photo!

EsLocura said...

Nor, wishing you much happiness, always

heartinsanfrancisco said...

What a beautiful couple! And the priest looks like Sean Connery. Maybe I should consider moving to Puerto Rico and converting, you think? Oh, wait. He's a priest. Never mind.

 
Google Analytics Alternative