Monday, August 17, 2009

Hurricane Season is upon us

We are currently being drenched by tropical depression Ana. We expect a lot of rain and some windy conditions. Latest reports advise about flooding. I don't mind the rain except this means that getting into town will require me to take an alternate route since my normal road will be under water in a couple hours. I need to get to the grocery store today. damn it.

Hurricane Bill, is heading this way and although earlier reports said it would hit Puerto Rico head on, now it seems it will miss us but again we expect heavy rain and winds by Friday. The national Hurricane center is telling us that it is still too early to say weather Hurricane Bill will miss us or not because it is about 4 days away. In 4 days anything can happen and normally does when speaking "hurricanes".

I am going into Hurricane mode none the less because I don't care to fight the masses for gallons of water or batteries on Thursday. (should Bill decide to pay us a visit on Friday as is predicted)
I will be going to Home depot and the grocery store today during the downpour of Tropical Depression Ana.

The National Hurricane Center offers this helpful tips for Hurricane preparedness . I am going to focus on water, ya gotta have water, food, I gotta eat, making sure my cell phone and Ipod are fully charged at all times, snacks are a must have. I love chips and dip during a storm, and of course Booze because what goes better with chips and dip than an ice cold Medalla? (ice cold as long as there is power, of course) But in case there is no power Red wine can be served at room temperature, keep that in mind when you are getting ready.

Hurricane season last until November. This is the first of many warnings to come my way. I fully understand the devastation a hurricane can leave in its wake and although I do heed the warnings, I can't help but take a lighthearted view in my approach because lets face it, Life is too short to freak out. I can't control Mother Nature, but I can control my hurricane preparedness, so let the games begin ...

24 comments:

Pamela said...

Woo hoo! Go buy that important stuff. Toilet paper is unnecessary when you have leaves right outside.

Unknown said...

Please be very, VERY careful! I knwo I haven't been commenting on the blog for a while, but I still read, and send you good thoughts - and mental vodka!

EsLocura said...

Pamela, yeah toilet paper was not on my list, we will rough it.

G, gracias, you have been missed.

LIT said...

Plenty of books and reading material?
Candles?
Be safe,you.
I'll be watching the news.

EsLocura said...

Lit, yup, plenty of stuff to pass the hours, last report Bill should be passing us to the north, with rain and wind but no longer directly in our path.

Susan said...

Though I know it's dangerous something about drinking and eating chips appeals to me. I so want to come down now. :)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I read that it's supposed to miss Puerto Rico and also that it's moving so fast that flooding will be minimal. Still, it's good that you're prepared with wine and chips like the good Girl Scout you are. Stay safe in your perch in case it changes course.

EsLocura said...

Susan, chips and booze awaiting your arrival. anytime.

Hearts, yes, it has changed course, now what will I do with that case of wine and chips? hmmm?

LIT said...

You'll think of something.

EsLocura said...

Lit, yup, I always do.

EsLocura said...

Lit, yup, I always do.

EsLocura said...

Lit, yup, I always do.

EsLocura said...

have no clue why that appears 3 times, I hate blogger

Anonymous said...

"Here I am ...Rocked You Like A Hurricane" - the Scorpions

I used to love to watch the water on the Jersey Shore when a Hurricane was brewing.

Amazing stuff...until your ass is clinging to a lamp post for dear life while your titties are flapping in the breeze because the breeze has ripped the clothing from your body...as a News 4 helicopter is hovering above you...pulling in for a closeup...and all of America giggles while they marvel over the amount of pubic hair you have on your nether regions.

I speak from experience. I'll never get over it.

Cas (leaving a comment from someone else's computer)

EsLocura said...

Cas, why am I giggling at the very thought of you flapping about in the wind? : )

Pamela said...

Cas is hilarious.

LIT said...

Hey, Es,

Ready for a non sequitur?

Watching LPB (Louisiana Public Broadcasting) I saw that a vote is coming up on the direction of change in Puerto Rico, nationhood, U.S. state, or something (?) sovereignty. As one in 4 million what is your wish, and how do you think the vote will go?

Pamela said...

Thanks for visiting!! HOep all is well.

Dagromm said...

How'd you come out? Are you alright?

LIT said...

Are you still there?

Pamela said...

Can you see the mushroom cloud in San Juan from where you live?

Kofi said...

Have been extremely MIA from the Interwebs... hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

come out come out wherever you are...

Anonymous said...

you are a SOLDIER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qaJmu8mdOY&feature=player_embedded

 
Google Analytics Alternative