Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life stages


I have spent a little time looking at old pictures while waiting for my wounds to heal and since I have nothing to really blog about I thought I would give you a glimpse at how I developed into the gorgeous beauty queen you see above.


I was a bald baby, didn't grow hair until I was almost 2 or maybe 3.
(OK, I think that's a picture of my mother but I looked just like her when I was that age.)

Once I grew hair, grow it I did. My hair and I, we have always had a love/hate thing going.

I had a thing for milking cows, if I saw a cow, I milked it, OK, I was a little freaky that way. (well, in other ways too but that's another blog post) This was obviously before my love of pigs, which by the way, I never tried to milk.

My mother made that dress. It started my love of frilly flowery dresses. OK, truth is I thought that dress was hideous but my mom made it, so I wore it, once. Those white socks and pointy shoes complete that dashing ensemble. I would probably wear those pointy shoes today but not with white socks.

Army pants, green shiny belt, black tube top, long hair tied back, can you say "HAWT"? yeah, me neither.

I know, I know, What the fuck happened to my bangs? It also looks like something is wrong with one of my eyes. And how about that long hair curl on my shoulder? Once you stop focusing on all that, I was pretty cute, huh? Little did I know that the red bow in my hair would be a precursor to my current love of all hair adornment. (refer back to current picture, top of post)

So there you have it, a little bit of me. A sample of who I was then which led to the beauty that is me now. I have a few more pictures which I may or may not post. Depends on who begs and how many of you looked past the bangs and saw the cuteness.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pass the blunt, honey, I need a HIT....badly.... : )

You were adorable then, you are adorable now ; )

I had bangs like that too.

Peace, Cas

LIT said...

I think you've just started a wave of nostalgia for all of us --- getting out the old family photos and rethinking them. Great idea!

EsLocura said...

Cas, I have no doubt we both made bold fashion statements with our bangs, that's just the kinda girls we are : )

Lit, that's me a "wave" starter. : )

Susan said...

If I ever feel frisky, I'll post a picture of me with not only big bangs but crimped hair the same length as yours. I was HAWT.

NoRegrets said...

What bangs? All I saw was cute.

contemporary themes said...

I only see CUTE and damn CUTE! You were/are adorable!

Love that you shared these!

EsLocura said...

Susan, I admire a girl secure in her "hawt-ness"

Nor, you are too kind, and are now in my will, am leaving you a $1 for the compliment.

She, You (like Nor) are also kind and because you capitalized "cute, twice ... I'm leaving you $2.

EsLocura said...

somethings up with comments section, some were deleted/disappeared, even my responses, till I figure out what's up, please do continue to leave your smart witty comments but know that comment moderation "is on" to secure my seeing your comments until I fix what's wrong.(btw, this is the 3rd time I post this comment, so who knows if any of you will see it)

NoRegrets said...

You just didn't want to have record of owing me $19. Fine.

I posted some bangs for you!

Amadeo said...

We all have our crosses to bear...you those bangs...me and a million other kids...those horrible short John Stockton shorts from the 80's. brrrrrr

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your cute little girl pictures.

I must admit that you have grown into a drop dead gorgious, cigar smoking old broad.

The red head flowers and blue head band make quite a fashion statement when it contrasts with your silvery, white, billowy wig.

I can imagine that your black teeth stained with cigar smoke are probably chipped off to the gumline, ie, if you are not totally edentulous. Perhaps it would be best if you just grin vs smiling broadly. Jy Jy Jy

LIT said...

Gee, the turtles were awfully hungry tonight. Are all of you taking your turns?

LIT said...

Saw your explanation after posting comment, but it wasn't there before. Make sense?

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Even the bangs are cute. Please, more pictures!!!

LIT said...

So have you broken anything, suffered lacerations, or otherwise harmed your body somehow since we last heard from you? Hoping you're o.k...?

Did see your comment about the "comments section." (Jan. 14)

EsLocura said...

Nor, it's in the will, I swear, in crayon, $19 all yours.

Amadeo, eewwwww

Anon, you funny girl, can't wait to see you.

Lit, am glad you are keeping an eye on the turtles, someone has too.

Lit, it's odd, but I think I got the comment thing fixed.

Hearts, more pictures coming very soon.

Lit, am doing well, haven't fallen in days : )

NoRegrets said...

YOU saw my bangs?
Anyway, hope all is well.
P

Tera said...

Hope things are going well for you Es...I really enjoyed the photos! More pleeeeeaaaaase!!! :)

Susan said...

Thinking of you basically every Thursday while I sit through a foreign language class.

LIT said...

Hello, there,

It's time to feed the blog readers.

Dagromm said...

Hey Es,
Cute pics, but I'll say it. What the fuck happened to those bangs???

Hope your feeling better,

Dags

Pamela said...

If you don't say you're alive, I may need to come visit and harass you.

Pamela said...

hellooooo

LIT said...

Cheese, Es, what's happening?

NoRegrets said...

Viva las vegas.

Susan said...

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!

Sorry, bit more gusto than NoR.lol

LIT said...

Es, we are turning you in for turtle negligence and abuse as well as reader neglect. This is serious.

Pamela said...

come on, at least write a few words about Vegas;.

NoRegrets said...

Ah, I see you got the same spam as me from ms. sexy.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

 
Google Analytics Alternative