Saturday, January 03, 2009

Starting off with a bang

As you may know 2008 was a year I would like to forget. But being the optimist I would like to think I am , I was looking forward to "new beginnings" in 2009. New Years eve was filled with "happy new year" wishes and someone went as far as to tell me that with 2009 I had "nowhere to go but up". Bullshit I thought but my optimism responded, with "yeah, I am sure it will be better". Bullshit.

2 days into the new year and I am starting off with a bang. Well it was actually a fall, yep, I fell, down the stairs. Yep, I had nowhere to go but down. And down I went. (it wasn't "going down" in a good way either!) I am cut, scrapped and bruised. I also have a lovely bump on my head. And damn, I ache all over.Thats my knee, which faired pretty well because I was wearing jeans at the time. This morning the beginning's of a lovely bruise is in the development stage. And it hurts to put pressure on it.
This lovely picture is my forearm. It's also bruised and swollen this morning.

This is my elbow, taken last night before it started sporting a lovely shade of purple, it's swollen and uglier than this picture shows.

I also have a few other scrapes and bruises. Including one nice round bruise on my very nice round ass. Which I tried taking a picture of but frankly I am just not ready to share pictures of my nice bruised ass with you. Not that I don't trust you or anything. It's just that since you have yet to see my Happy naked dance (which I haven't done in a while for obvious reasons) then I don't think you should be privy to pictures of my nice bruised ass. You have to see the whole me before you can put the ass part in perspective. Maybe after a few shots of Puerto Rican moonshine you can talk me into it, but for now, you just have to take my word for how badly bruised my ass is. And my back, did I mention that my back is also scrapped and bruised? I am walking slowly because everything hurts. Trying to stand from a sitting position takes a moment because I can't put much pressure on my knee. Yeah 2009 , nowhere to go but up, fucking bullshit. Not that I'm bitter or anything ...

The optimist in me keeps whispering that this is just a minor set back, the accident could have been much worse, I have no broken bones, I still have the ability to swear, it could have been worse. And as I bandaged up all the bleeding parts last night (I didn't want to get blood on my sheets, I am so practical that way) I kept thinking yes, it could have been worse, I am just starting the year off with a bang, perhaps just getting the bad out of the way early. There's nowhere to go but up. Optimism ... my nice bruised ass, what bullshit! Please tune in tomorrow my optimism might be back by then.

19 comments:

Em said...

I hope you get your optimism back. And I hope you avoid stairs for a while!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Tst Tst Tst What's a mother to do with a child like you? Am going to have to go there to protect you?

You will just have to come and visit me someday so I can work on your ecchymosed extremities.

I have heard that if one smears wet goat poo on the affected areas, that you will heal faster, but don't take my word for it.

As for your assets, sit on them for a while...and spread the joy. Jy Jy Jy

EsLocura said...

Em, I am thinking perhaps I should just stay in bed for a few days.

Anon, is there such a thing as dry goat poo? eewwww either way. I'll see you in Feb, you can take care of me then.

contemporary themes said...

Freakin' OUCH! That all looks so painful!

I'm glad you are okay (I mean, relatively okay!)

Hang in there!

And optimism may just be overrated. Be where and who you are in the moment. No pressure!

LIT said...

Well, crap!

Optimism is putting a smiley face on every heap of crap. Faith is the belief that you can deal with whatever comes along. And faith is what you professed in a previous post. And I trust you to know the difference. So, scrap optimism, and go with faith.

"Trying to stand from a sitting position takes a moment because I can't put much pressure on my knee. " That's a preview, Dearie, of what comes in old age. You will overcome this and have another 30-40 yrs. before it becomes part of your continuing existence. For me it is not the knee, but the hip (when I stand up)---a questioning feeling of is everything in alignment, and can I move forward? And how much will it hurt? A little scary, but you're o.k. for now. (Something to remember when you deal with old folk too, I guess. Wish I'd known of it sooner.)

So much for the painful part of this blog. What's on the horizon? Which stars do you aim for? What's going to be the next big thing to accomplish in 2009?

EsLocura said...

she, optimism is over rated indeed. took your advice and just slept all day not thinking about a thing!

Lit, optimism: looking forward to old age : ) thank you for the lesson on perspective.

Anonymous said...

Awwww Honey!!!

I am sorry that happened.
In 2003 I fell down an entire flight of stairs in the street...we have stairs that connect hilly streets to each other. I slipped on some black ice and broke my ASS (coccyx bone), all the bones in my right wrist (a clean break, straight across) and got a concussion. Had the nerve to rush home, to meet my Mom whom I was determined to get to her first SPA appointment which I had purchased for her for Christmas. When she came out to meet me in the waiting room after she had been pampered for three hours, I was SOBBING. She said she wanted to kick my ass for sitting there in agony while someone gave her some long-time- coming pampering. I LOVE MY MOM. I was in a cast, and I guess it was meant to be, a few weeks later, babies daddy tried to bully me with some bullshit and I used the cast to crack him over his dome piece. He never tried to bully me again : )

Here's another one you might appreciate...I never broke a bone till I was in my thirties...the following year (2004), I was crossing a street in midtown with a pair or FABULOUS Coach mules click clacking on my size 11 feet. I was the SHIT, you couldnt tell me any different. Then...I stepped into a pothole, twisted my left foot, fell forward, and landed in a pile of horse shit.
I broke my fifth metatarsal. OUCH!!! One would think it would bring me good luck...and I suppose it did. Because I broke my foot, I met up with an old high school chum who reconnected me and my best friend. I guess it was meant to be...but why do painful????

Hope I amused you with my clumsy shenanigans. If you look for the best in every situation, it certainly helps your mindest.

Get well soon! The best is yet to come, my dear.

Peace & Love, Cas

Susan said...

I hope you're feeling better sugar!

EsLocura said...

Cas, you do crack me up and with all that love and peace you send my way, things are bound to be better soon, you are an absolute pleasure gracias.

Susan, black and blue but better. hope you are doing well also!

Anonymous said...

You have never been very optimistic so why start now? Your thoughts must've been far away for you to have fallen.
Like you always say to me " This too shall pass" -rub it, kiss it and make it all better-

Thanking of you today & always!

EsLocura said...

Spunky, yep, this too shall pass, fucking soon I hope : )

Heather, I can always count on you to encourage my swearing and drinking, one of many reasons you are so awesome!

NoRegrets said...

You know that was me, right? Not some freak who wants to see your bruises. Ok, well, not some strange freak that wants to see your bruises. Ok, well, not some stranger freak who wants to see your bruises.

EsLocura said...

Pamela, I figured you'd like bruises given your climbing pastime.

Nor, Duh, yes of course I knew it was a friendly freak, I mean you, I mean a familiar freak, not at all a stranger freak, more like a strange friendly familiar freak, yes I knew it was you, or is it she? her? both of you?

NoRegrets said...

All of us!

How goes it Humpty Dumpty?

LIT said...

Are the bruises fading and the pain gone now?
Hope so!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I'm so sorry you're hurting, but maybe this awful incident happened to refocus your attention on yourSELF. For such a long time you have held it together for everyone else, taken care of their needs at the expense of your own.

It's just a thought, but whatever the reason, I do hope you heal quickly and that all your nice bruised parts feel better soon.

contemporary themes said...

Just checking in. Thinking about you and hoping you are on the mend!

Sending hugs and love.

She

EsLocura said...

Nor, funny girl are you. : )

Lit, yes, am now in the scab stage.

Hearts, I wanna be like you some day.

She, besos

Anonymous said...

Drug lukol Now cytotec Side-effects neurontin Now cardura Cheap nirdosh Get brahmi

 
Google Analytics Alternative