Monday, September 22, 2008

Rain and more Rain

According to the National Weather service:

A low pressure center over Puerto Rico is not yet a tropical depression but could become one soon . A flash flood watch has been posted for Puerto Rico and the U. S. Virgin Islands and flash flood warnings are in effect for parts of eastern Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Dangerous flooding and mudslides will be an issue through Monday.

We have gotten 15 inches of rain since last night, reports claim we will average approximately 4 inches of rain per hour today. The temperature has dropped from 98 degrees to a chilly 72 degrees. You are probably thinking 72 isn't chilly but when your home is built of cinder block and cement and you live on a tropical island with extreme humidity and the temperature drops more than 25 degrees, trust me it's a chilly damp air that invades your core, OK my core but whatever.
That's the view from my balcony, behind all that gray are green lush mountains and palm trees. Yesterday after a little housework I spent the day in bed, looks like today I am doing the same.

"Into each life some rain must fall, some days must be dark and dreary"
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay safe.

Do you have wine and cheese to get you through this latest storm?

I'm one little huckleberry who loves you.

Kofi said...

As a kid rainy days were the best days for milk and cookies.

Treat yourself, amidst the storm.

NoRegrets said...

Don't get washed away. And don't let the grey keep you down!!!!

NoRegrets said...

PS, that's a hell of a lot of water.

Susan said...

Send some rain our way. With all the hurricanes and all it's odd but we haven't had rain in weeks. We need it badly.

EsLocura said...

Jali, You have been missed!

Kofi, no offense but am going with something a little more alcoholic

Nor, state of emergency has been declared all over the island, mud slides, landslides, roads gone, yep a hell of a lot of water.

Susan, wish that I could send some your way, hey weren't you heading this way? weren't there rumblings of a getaway?

LIT said...

Core is good! Feeling is good!

I always have a list of things to do that I put off until a rainy day when I can't be outside. Then when it finally comes I just want to curl up under the covers---and usually do. Sounds normal to me. Doubt that that's a comfort.

Susan said...

I'm looking at vacation packages right now, Es, with a dreamy state of mind.

Anonymous said...

I've been there Es. You've got to ride out the depression, the sadness. I am not against medication, so please consider yor options. If I didnt have meds when my little boy died, I might have killed myself - and then my sons would have been orphans. So please take some time to think about OPTIONS. You will fly...you just need to build your strength and spread your wings :)

Amadeo said...

Stock up on books...my cable normally goes out and if the power goes I can't play games or surf the net, but books work anywhere with enough light to read.

Unknown said...

Yeah...I've been on my phone extensively about this.

NoRegrets said...

Did the rain go away. Of course you know there's been no coverage of it here in my part of the US at least.

I'll second the motion for drugs. It made me remember what I used to be and can be...

Tera said...

My my my...you be careful out there Es!!! Are you stocked up on wine?

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I hope you are feeling better and that the storm did no serious damage to your area. That picture captures perfectly the high winds you were having.

Be well, dear one.

NoRegrets said...

Want to come hang in my hole?

Wait...

EsLocura said...

Lit, curling under the covers is always a good thing

Susan, ya know how to reach me, anytime.

cas, muchas gracias and yes I do know what ya mean.

amadeo, got any good book suggestions, am running out of reading material.

coco, are ya going to be in caguas?

Nor, drugs are a good thing, no wait ... well, yes yes they are.

Tera, wine makes everything beter

hearts, besos

nor, be afraid, be very afraid.

 
Google Analytics Alternative