Saturday, December 08, 2007

One year ago today

Sweet cracker sandwich, "Eslocura's Asylum" is one year old today! Pretty fucking amazing if you ask me or any of the hundreds few people who read this blog. So what has the past blogging year been like you ask? Well let me tell ya ...

It all started out about me, and it's still all about me. I have shared all sorts of stuff, written about my heartache, my insomnia, stupid people, animals/pets, Puerto Rico, family, friends, fruit, and my childhood. I have done a whole bunch of memes. I have cursed a whole fucking bunch, and been proud of it. I have met my goal of not censoring myself as various friends and family became readers. (this I am even more proud of then the fucking swearing thing). I've touched upon many topics and I've written some filler stuff while my "muse" took a vacation. Blogging has been a fun adventure, a place to vent and be creative.

The best part of blogging: all of you. All the little huckleberries who take the time to read the "Asylum", who leave such encouraging, witty and smart comments. Thank you! Thanks for adding some sanity, thanks for adding more craziness, thanks for making me laugh. Thank you to my family and friends, who keep reading and coming back for more. Thank you to my fellow bloggers. Each one of you has in some way become part of the Asylum. I am very grateful. (now is a good time to lift your champagne glass) Here's to "EsLocura's Asylum", all hail the possibilities of the next twelve months!

23 comments:

lyre said...

Happy blog day!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Yay for blog birthdays! The first one is always so special.

EsLocura said...

lyre, gracias

woowoo, am adding it to my list of "firsts" not as exciting as some but still ... I will get to your meme this week.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday--Thanks for a great year :-)
I look forward to your blog on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

It is a joy to experience your perspective. Cheers to many happy returns!

Frankily Yours

NoRegrets said...

I raise my glass of hot tea to you today!

EsLocura said...

Spunky, muchas gracias

Franki, muchas gracias

Nore, muchas gracias

fringes said...

Happy blogoversary!

heather said...

wow, i don't know why but i thought you'd been blogging much longer than that.

congrats on your first year.:-)

EsLocura said...

fringes, muchas gracias

heather, muchas gracias

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary.
Happy anniversary.
Happy anniversary.
Haaa-py anniversary.
(sing to the tune from the Flintstones anniversary song)

heather said...

somethings wrong with my glass. the champagne keeps dissapearing...

Unknown said...

When people tell me I should 'get help' I tell them I'm an outpatient at EsLocura's Asylum for the Crazily Insane. They usually just smile and nod.
Congrats sweetie! Way to go!

NoRegrets said...

So, just noticed your new header for the holidays. Do you, like my real life Puerto Rican friend, celebrate it all, inlcuding Wise Men's day (oops, is that the name?)

Cyber D said...

I remember when my blog turned one. It just loved the taste of the icing on the cake I made for it. You just wait until it starts walking and talking and throwing it's own poop! You'll marvel at how the time has flown by.

Congrats!

EsLocura said...

Jali, I've heard the stories about your singing skills ... am afraid but gracias very much.

Heather, damn I knew I should have bought the glass champagne flutes, these paper ones always leak.

Wng, hehehe I'm here for ya pal.

Nore,we started celebrating on thanksgiving and we don't stop until Jan 6, officially known as 3 kings day but I heard someone say they were wise, so you are still right.

Cyber, be still my little heart, am honored by your presence ( I think) will be shipping my blog to you when the poop starts flying.

heather said...

lol, there's an idea es. when the blog turns to shit, pass it off to cyber. i'll keep that in mind. :-)

wng, i'm totaly stealing that line. awesome!

Kofi said...

Felicidades! I'm where Heather is... I just knew this blog was older...

Tipping back the champagne glass (amidst a few other glasses)... keep up the good work. Your giros and other assorted turns of phrase keep me going.

Tera said...

Happy Bloggiversary!!!! And where in the hell have you been? Certainly NOT at P&P...Hmph!

123Valerie said...

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, as usual, but feliz cumpleanos, my dear!

I like that you call us "huckleberries." It made me smile.

EsLocura said...

heather cyber is good for somethings after all.

Kofi, muchisimas gracias

Tera, thank you and ya know how it is, life sometimes gets in the way of my blog.

uno, dos, tres, you are indeed a little huckleberry.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Congratulations on your big blogiversary.

I know that you have added a great deal of delight to my life over the past year, and look forward to bringing you and my other favorite reads into the new year.

Raising a glass to Eslocura!!

EsLocura said...

Heart, muchas gracias!

 
Google Analytics Alternative