Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Getting to know me ramblings ...


  • In fifth grade I entered a ballroom dancing competition at the Waldorf Astoria in New York and we won First place.
  • In my late teens, I made a rather large bread sculpture of an alligator, no one here at the asylum remembers why, but everyone remembers how much fun we had "dissecting" and eating the gator.
  • I joined a ceramics class when I was 10, I felt very artsy at the time. After 3 months I had 14 ash trays. Regardless of the technique being taught, every project became an ash tray. In my defense, my use of colors was spectacular. All my friends got ash trays for Christmas that year, pretty ash trays.
  • I went to high school at Brooklyn Tech in New York. I got a perfect score on their entrance exam. They accused me of cheating. A Puerto Rican from East New York couldn't possibly be smart. (that was my second encounter with racism) They made me take the exam again, alone in a room with 3 witnesses. I was one question short of a perfect score the second time. I played dumb the second time.
  • My first encounter with racism was in a store. The store owner accused my friends of stealing. He said it was obvious they were thieves after all they were Spanish. He could tell by their accents. He told me to go home, I spoke English well. I called him a racist in Spanish and called the cops. The cops did nothing and told us to go home. I stole a piece of candy on my way out the door.
  • I have performed in five plays. Each time I have played a homeless person.
  • I have an irrational fear of having my head underwater.
  • I love tattoos. There is currently a work in progress involving most of my back. In a perfect world this tattoo would wrap along my front.
  • I'm tired of telling you things about me, am off to bed.

No comments:

 
Google Analytics Alternative