Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Get the party started

I haven't been here in a while. The last few weeks have moved at a snails pace and often times I have felt I was watching from a distance. Watching from far away but not too far, just far enough to stay engaged yet not let on to how I really feel. Know what I mean? The hives are better, yet the grief is worse. The energy involved in day to day living is exhausting. I'm tired. The insomnia is kicking my ass. If I sleep it's for short spurts. I toss and turn, my mind wanders. I ponder the last 4 months, the last year, the last 4 years and so on until I fall asleep again. Not the flowers in my hair nor my favorite red pants are helping to get me out of this funk.

Ever have one of those moments in life when you question all the whys? Why did he have to die? Why are people so stupid? Why does my cat think he can get his big fat ass into that small round space? Why are the lizards in the back of the house bright green and the ones in the front of the house brownish? Why do I feel so alone lately? Why am I here? Why are life's lessons so fucking hard? Why can't I find shorts I like? Why are my boobs breasts standing between me and that great t shirt that doesn't come in my size because I happen to have boobs breasts.? Why do some women insist on wearing clothes that are 2 sizes too small? Why do these women think they look sexy? Why can't these same women get a fucking pedicure before they squeeze those ugly cracked feet into too small sandals? Why do I find myself weeping at the most inopportune times? Why do I feel I should rant to you about all this shit? Because I am having one of those moments where I question the whys. And I'm miserable and you know what they say, "misery loves company" and I just invited you to my "misery party". Lucky little huckleberries.

My party decor will be brown, I hate the color brown. I'm adding a little splash of some bright cheerful color (like red or purple) because well, I'm miserable not suicidal. There is a guest register, be sure to sign in. Otherwise I may not remember you were here. Misery = forgetful, your mind gets a little cloudy from sadness and lack of sleep. What about misery party food? I'm supplying mangoes and avocados (they are fabulous not miserable) but they are in season right now and I can't give those things away. We'll add a few rotten ones just to take the misery down a notch. We have plenty of bananas as well, take some on your way out. There will be several Jello molds, nothing like 3 or 4 Jello molds to bring a party down. As for beverages ... hell yeah, plenty of that. only the alcoholic kind allowed. Alcohol fuels misery, don't ya know. How about drugs, you ask? Drugs, sure, bring your own. Just keep it on the "low" those are illegal, and I would never do anything illegal. (wink wink, nudge nudge). Party favors? Absolutely! Misery loves presents. Your "Misery party bag" comes in your choice of colors, brown and another shade of brown, both festooned with gravestones and the grim reaper in a glittery beige hue. Copies of Silvia Plath's (aka Victoria Lucas) "The bell jar", and " The Stranger" by Albert Camus will be among the fabulous gifts inside. I'm including some gummy bears and chocolate (because again we are miserable not suicidal) and lastly one of those rubber/plastic bracelets to commemorate the miserable occasion. It will read "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" (quote stolen from the Borg). Please feel free to bring me a gift worthy of my sadness. Party on my little huckleberries.

In comments please RSVP and let me know if you are bringing anything or what you're wearing for such an inauspicious occasion.

23 comments:

NoRegrets said...

A party like this is so not to be missed. I'll be wearing my subdued g-string and nipple covers. And I will bring both Peppermint Schnapps (alcohol, and sure to induce sickness) and a big droopy hat (brown, with red trim) for you to wear and shade your head from the world.

As an aside, I once did something bad to a boyfriend, and as my punishment I had to read Camus. Not joking.

Susan said...

I shall wear a brown paper bag dress though it will be painted in bright colors on the outside. Only I will know the true misery of the brown inside.

I'm taking the mangos and running for dear life.

I'm staying there with you until the whys stop screaming and the "let it be" regains its control.

I'm forcing you to watch marathons of Star Trek: TNG with me because well...you mentioned it.

EsLocura said...

Nor, Thanks in advance for the hat and did you refuse to be his Love monkey? inquiring minds want to know.

Susan, I want you at all my parties, even if all we do is drink and watch marathon star trek.

Unknown said...

I was thinking of wearing my sackcloth and bringing some ashes and vodka. Or just coming dressed as a vodka bottle and bringing vodka.

Let me know what you need and I'll load it up and bring it down ;)

ps - why can't we just say boobs? chickens have breasts, I have boobs.

NoRegrets said...

Oh, of course I didn't refuse! This was a long time ago me.

Oh, forgot to say that we'll all eat tons of mangos and have diahrreaha (I can't figure out the spelling today) all day. Now THAT's a great party! :-) But I so would love some, and avocados too. [stomach grumbling]

Tera said...

I will find my best brown and red outfit which reveals and accentuates the most boobage and junkage--if I'm going to join you in misery, I might as well get hit on in the process!

I will come bearing Tequila, perhaps a batch of my finest "Jungle Juice," and (ahem...on the "low") some herbal refreshments.

P.S. I do wonder how you do that cross-out thingy in your post...It SO adds to the effect, and I need to do that in posts...badly.

EsLocura said...

Wng, You=vodka love that about you. as for the boobs, breasts, you say tomato, I say ... whatever. : )

Nor, you love monkey you ...

Tera, you party animal, always thinking and planning ahead. as for the cross out thingy email me, since it requires editing HTML blogger doesn't let me show you in the comments, but it's easy.

Susan said...

I should plan a trip to your part of the world, Es...though said vacation time would probably be denied.

EsLocura said...

Susanm wtf is up with those people, first the bonus thing, now the vacation, I think you deserve better ... see if you can catch a ride with WNG on the boat I hope she is stealing.

Amadeo said...

I'd wear a black suit with a clean white shirt (untucked). Black is good for misery. White is clean. I'm bringing wine cause it get's you drunk but usually it's a more happy drunk.

EsLocura said...

amadeo, guess you are bringing a little class to our misery, sweet.

LIT said...

I am definitely in for this gathering. What I'll wear is almost anything from my closet which is rapidly filling with anything which fits and feels like a nightgown or pajamas. Not particularly seductive, but oh so comfy.

What I'll bring? This recipe:

MANGO-AVOCADO SALSA

1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, finely diced
1 tomato, seeded, finely diced
2 green onions--finely diced
1/4 C. fresh lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced (I prefer some seeds included---like that zing!)
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, finely diced
Salt & pepper to taste

Using non-metalic bowl and utensils mix ingredients in the order listed. Cover and chill in fridge several hours. Serve in non-metalic bowl with Tostitos shells or not too salty crackers. It will keep a couple of days in fridge if there is any left. Warning: May result in addiction.

I'll make it when I get there; you are welcome to preview it on your own.

Since WNG is bringing vodka it seems I must bring vermouth and olives, or considering the climate, tonic. If Amadeo is bringing red then I might just mooch that. We are sharing, aren't we?

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I will be dressed like Marie Antoinette on her way to the guillotine. Oh, what the hell. For you, I will even carry my own guillotine, along with a dog-eared copy of Virginia Woolf's last book, the one she left on the shore, and my priceless collection of San Francisco parking tickets because they are nothing if not suicide-inducing.

By the way, Es, I think I have your hives now, and can't thank you enough. I'll be the one scratching.

Unknown said...

I have some RIF for you...
http://www.cafepress.com/wholenewg>A Whole New Store

heartinsanfrancisco said...

How are you feeling today, Eslocura?

Sending besos y abrazos.

NoRegrets said...

is the party still going on???
Hope you are doing ok...

Unknown said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi!


and VODKA!

NoRegrets said...

How's the cigar?

YoBigMomma said...

Ay mija...You ask why life's lessons are so fucking hard? A Course in Miracles says simply that the teacher appears when the student is ready.

So are you ready? I am very resistant to learning, I know, so I can understand you being so dang stubborn and rebellious, as well. Remember your grandmother saying to you, "eres un dolor de cabeza" Sometimes we continue to beat ourselves on the head over and over until finally we began to wonder if perhaps there is another way.

During my younger years, I used to enjoy reading Albert Camus. Camus wrote extensively about the absurd and suicide and I used to enjoy reading about what the great philosophers had to say. I especially enjoyed the Myth of Sisyphus, where Sisyphus was condemned for life to roll a boulder to the mountain top of Mt Olympus; however, the dang boulder kept rolling back and he had to start over again and again...If I remember correctly, it was the journey (up the mountain) that gave life meaning...so what? LOL LOL Over the years, I occasionaly think of Camus and Sisyphus and his journey...and I smile. I have metaphorically had so many boulders roll back on me, that my life is so rich with meaning...I have had to reroll many a boulder up the mountain. LOL

I have also become aware that when I get boulders to roll up the mountain of life, I can find other ways to give meaning to my life...and so I ask that my teacher please teach me this lesson so that I don't have to repeat it again...ie, roll the the same boulder up the mountain once again.

What I must now learn is to be ready for my teacher to keep appearing to teach me life's leassons every moment of everyday so that I won't have to roll too many more boulder's up that that slippery slope called Mt Olympus...besides my name is not Sisyphus. It's Yobigmomma.

Susan said...

You are in my thoughts, my dearest darling.

EsLocura said...

lit, great recipe gracias, am always going to invite you to my parties.

Hearts, enjoy the hives, can't wait to compare outfits, I'll be wearing the pig shirt : )

wng, rif baby, rif!

hearts, I have been better.

nore, yup, pity party still happening.

wng, hi back, vodka does save, damn.

nore, I need a new one. this one is a bit bland.

yobig, sabes que te adoro, a true comadre para siempre.

susan, besos.

contemporary themes said...

I've been having my misery party all by myself! Who knew! I'm definitely coming your way! Can we go to that "overcrowded" beach!

Thanks for your comment on my blog and for stopping by.

heather said...

don't know how i managed to miss this. sounds just like my kind of deal.
there any avacado's left?

 
Google Analytics Alternative