Sunday, June 15, 2008

Feliz dia de los Padres

No matter how much time passes, the void left by my dads death will never be filled. I am missing you greatly, still, today, always.

My dad and mom doing the sexy beach thing, what the hell was he thinking with that suit?







United States Army: served in Korea














One of many girlfriends, he loved the ladies.

















Cousin Tony, my dad and Tia Felisa












That's one big piece of meat! It was a gift from one of his nephews.



Dad, you were perfect, and I'm not just saying that because I am your daughter. I have heard it said time and time again by everyone who ever knew you. Your sense of humor, your love of life, your devotion to family, your honesty, your work ethic and your compassion all traits I sure hope you passed on to me.
Te adoro, estaras siempre en mi corazon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hero, my uncle--how much I'll miss him-it hurts to know I'll never hear his voice again or give him a hug.

lyre said...

Daddy's legacy will live on in you!

NoRegrets said...

Oh, what a day. I am glad I stopped by to say hi. From what I can tell, he raised you right, and you carry a lot of him in you. It was a wonderful tribute.

Unknown said...

Look in the mirror and know that he is not gone, Es. He will never leave you. He is inside you and with you always.

Much love.

Kofi said...

Swanky pictures... and I'm with wng. Your dad will always be close to you. Closer than you think.

Susan said...

Like G said, he's right there with you always. I'm sure he's smiling down on you right now. Go outside and feel the rays of sunshine and smiles.

Thinking of you on my side of the blue.

Amadeo said...

You know the ladies loved that swimsuit.

LIT said...

My mother and I were much closer in life than my father and I ever were. The generation gap was monumental. But there are things I do, mostly good things, that I know my mother would never have done because they involve speaking boldly or overt action. It had to come from my father. And it's now been 37 yrs. since my father died, yet he still appears in my dreams. I say "appears", but I can't see him in the dreams, and I don't hear him (we never really talked), but he is present in the dreams, and I think he's passing on his strength to me.

Don't be surprised when you wake up smiling.

Tera said...

This is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing Es!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. He is with you always.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

He was a wonderful man who raised a daughter who is beautiful inside and out.

I believe he is with you because your bond is very strong, and also because energy cannot cease to be - it simply changes form.

Whenever you see or hear something that makes your heart sing, it will be your papi, sending all his love to you. You can count on this.

 
Google Analytics Alternative