Sunday, January 13, 2008

A little bit lost

The last few days have been difficult ones. I will not go into all the details right now because it overwhelms me with sadness. I will say that it involves the passing of a dear and very special friend. I remember his voice and the laughs we shared on Christmas day and I can't fathom not hearing him again. I cry, I cry way too often and easily these days. It makes me very uncomfortable. I hurt because I can't make things better for his wife, my dear "comadre de mi alma". I hurt because death has become an all too familiar event in my life.

There are moments when I focus on the life that was. Moments shared, conversations held during long sleepless nights, his wisdom and his ever so quirky sense of humor. I am grateful that he was in my life. Grateful that he touched my heart. Grateful to have known him. Yet I can't seem to find much solace in those thoughts. Perhaps it's too new, and "time heals all wounds". Yes, time, perhaps a little time. Then again time only makes things a little more numb, I don't think it heals anything.

I struggle with the belief that he may be in a better place. Those that know me well, know this is a concept I don't really buy into. I struggle with what he left behind. I struggle with the emptiness. I struggle with the pain and anguish I heard in my comadre's voice when she told me. I struggle and I cry. It's been an emotional time.

So my little huckleberries, keep checking in, let me know how you are doing, I'll be reading your blogs but perhaps not commenting, I'll get around to the meme's I've been tagged with as soon as I feel up to it. In the mean time, tell me something sweet, or funny even, I can use the laugh.

Sending you "besos" from the asylum, where there's even more "locura" than usual.

19 comments:

heather said...

i don't have the words.

(((hugs)))

Kofi said...

Thinking of you from afar... Sending positive thoughts.

EsLocura said...

heather, rumor has it you give great hugs.

Kofi, I knew I could count on you.

fringes said...

Here for you, Es. Thanks for sharing your words with us.

Susan said...

I'm here, Es, though I wish I was there to lend a shoulder..

NoRegrets said...

Darn, I'm no good at telling jokes because I never can remember any. And the one I heard this morning I'm NOT going to write.

I'll just say that losing someone does suck. I hate that they've analyzed the stages of grief so you can sort of tick off which stage you are at, which only seems to end up getting you further and further away from the one that you love. (I almost wrote loved, but the love will always be there.) But it's a survival thing - it helps you to remember to live your own life and be happy - eventually.

He may not be there anymore in body, but certainly in spirit.

Take care.

heather said...

it's all the extra padding i have. :-)

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and hugs. Take care, lady.

Unknown said...

Hugs and snuggles, Es. You're getting all I have through the awesome power of my mind. love, love, love G.

lyre said...

stopping by to give you some love

Anonymous said...

Everything I've got is trite.

Warm Wishes to you and yours.

lee

Tera said...

Hmmm...what's the spanish word for hugs??? (Rubbing chin)...Oh well warm wishes and besos! :-)

Anonymous said...

So much sadness and pain-wish I was there to give you a hug and make it all better.

Amadeo said...

A friend told me you can breathe through anything....so I wish you deep breaths.

NoRegrets said...

I think it's time to try mapquest so you aren't so lost...and start writing again

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Eslocura, I'm so sorry for your loss and your comadre's.

Sadly, the longer we live, the more familiar we become with death. Since we can't do anything about it, it helps a bit to focus on the love and joy we shared, and to remember the many gifts we were given and gave back to our loved ones.

May your heart begin to heal soon.

Anonymous said...

Sending you love. I'm so sorry.

heather said...

just wanted you to know i'm thinking of you.

EsLocura said...

to all of you: thank you.

 
Google Analytics Alternative